A card "slips" from the deck

Lon Dubh

Hi!
Yesterday I was wondering about a particular situation and decided to pull a card to shed some light on it. I was very concentrated as I shuffled the cards when all of a sudden a card slipped from the deck facing me. What do you do when it happens? I tend to believe that when something like that happens, it is a message from above and take it gracefully. Could you please share your thoughts?
Best regards,
Lon Dubh (Blackbird)

Grizabella

I usually see what it is and just put it back in the deck. Naturally, I kind of mentally take note of it but I don't consider it applicable to the reading usually. Some folks think the card "wants" to be read. I tend to wonder if it's removing itself from the deck so it won't be drawn as part of the reading. :p

This post is in the wrong sub-forum. That's okay. It's a big forum and it's easy to get confused. You can either post what the card was and tell us how you interpreted it, so the post can stay in this sub-forum. Or you could let a moderator move it to the forum where you'll get the most help with your question. Either is a good option.

Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot! :)

mdmeantoine

I tend to keep it in my mind...but wait until I get the spread out before applying it. Usually, the card will end up somewhere in the reading anyway, but if it doesn't I tend to use it sort of as "extra" knowledge. To me, I even take it as the short answer to whatever the question is...if that makes sense.

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I tend not to read them. I'm so clumsy that cards fall all the time. I only read them if its one or two cards, they're face up and it wasn't one of my normal shuffling accidents. Sometimes I take a mental note of the cards that fall out when I drop cards and sometimes I don't. It depends on the feeling I get.

jolie_amethyst

Welcome to AT!

I tend not to read them. I'm so clumsy that cards fall all the time. I only read them if its one or two cards, they're face up and it wasn't one of my normal shuffling accidents. Sometimes I take a mental note of the cards that fall out when I drop cards and sometimes I don't. It depends on the feeling I get.

This is me as well--I'm not all that coordinated, and it happens pretty regularly. I'll usually note what they are before adding them back to the deck and reshuffling, but they're only relevant to me if they actually then appear in the spread, which is pretty rare.

ravynangel

deleted :)

Cenozoic

If a card slips out, I think those cards are called "jumpers", and they reveal some important insights. Before I would just put them back in the deck and shuffle, but then sometimes the same card would show up in my reading. So now I just include them in the reading, or start my reading with them.

nisaba

Yesterday I was wondering about a particular situation and decided to pull a card to shed some light on it. I was very concentrated as I shuffled the cards when all of a sudden a card slipped from the deck facing me.

<grin> A year or two ago I was chatting to an AT member in PMs, and I had a deck sitting next to me. They asked for a reading on their lost camera. I didn't touch my deck. I was typing a message saying I wouldn't read on that, when a single card slid out of the middle of the deck that I wasn't touching. Of course, I told them about it. They found their camera later, which I really didn't expect. :)

The Happy Squirrel

I tend to read jumped out cards :) I have small hands and love big cards plus I am a bit new to extensive shuffling, so this happens a lot :D But I also prefer small spreads (3-4 cards) so if one jumped, I carry on and waited for 2 more the jump. If a bunch jumped, as long as they are no more than 5, I read them all :p

OaksWhispering

I usually do not read them, I'm a clumsy shuffler so I blame myself when they jump out (I am also really tiny). However, if the same one keeps popping out (and this happens about once a week) I do a reading on the card and see where that leads me.