your favorite lenormand deck

Genna

Celtic Lenormand

I have a new favourite Lenormand; Celtic Lenormans, by Chloë Mc Cracken and Will Worthington. It has a very good book and the cards are so warm and lovely. They have a good vibe; the readings sofar have been helpful but honest. There are some extra cards to choose from, or use togeather with the others in some spreads like Grand Tableau-a year ahead, but then you read around the cards that stand for the eight Sabbats. But then I guess it becomes an Oracle. I have read with 36 cards-no problem, and I´m not a Pagan. Nothing in the cards screams Pagan; rather a historical Lenormand.

But the extra cards are nice to choose from. There is a female and a male Rider, A summer oak for the Oak King and a winter holy for the Holly King, a fierce snake and a snake shedding it´s skin, Song birds for the Maiden, hens for the Mother and darling owls for the Crone, a boy child and a girl child,a dog and a cat, a man and a lord, a woman and a lady.So cards to chose from, but no new cards, only the 36, but in variations.

The chapters on the cards are very good with keywords;nouns,descriptors,verbs; Person, playing card association(also on the card), Description, Meaning, Spiritua Readings, Dark and Light, Spell Use, Timing, Affirmation, Deities. There are chapters explaining why extra cards where added, The Wheel of the Year, Dark and Light, Working with Deity, Using the cards in Spells and quite a few spreads.

I feel right back in time with these cards.

snowmoon

I have a new favourite Lenormand; Celtic Lenormans, by Chloë Mc Cracken and Will Worthington. It has a very good book and the cards are so warm and lovely. They have a good vibe; the readings sofar have been helpful but honest. There are some extra cards to choose from, or use togeather with the others in some spreads like Grand Tableau-a year ahead, but then you read around the cards that stand for the eight Sabbats. But then I guess it becomes an Oracle. I have read with 36 cards-no problem, and I´m not a Pagan. Nothing in the cards screams Pagan; rather a historical Lenormand.

But the extra cards are nice to choose from. There is a female and a male Rider, A summer oak for the Oak King and a winter holy for the Holly King, a fierce snake and a snake shedding it´s skin, Song birds for the Maiden, hens for the Mother and darling owls for the Crone, a boy child and a girl child,a dog and a cat, a man and a lord, a woman and a lady.So cards to chose from, but no new cards, only the 36, but in variations.

The chapters on the cards are very good with keywords;nouns,descriptors,verbs; Person, playing card association(also on the card), Description, Meaning, Spiritua Readings, Dark and Light, Spell Use, Timing, Affirmation, Deities. There are chapters explaining why extra cards where added, The Wheel of the Year, Dark and Light, Working with Deity, Using the cards in Spells and quite a few spreads.

I feel right back in time with these cards.

hi,

Celtic lenormand cards would seems resonate to me, the sabbts. maidan, crone, mother, weel of the year. I'm not pagan.

i do use tarot cards for spells, but i never thought use the lenormand cards for spells.

do you like to use extra cards for lenormand cards? i don't use extra cards. i have to check this deck out.

thank-you.

Genna

hi,

Celtic lenormand cards would seems resonate to me, the sabbts. maidan, crone, mother, weel of the year. I'm not pagan.

i do use tarot cards for spells, but i never thought use the lenormand cards for spells.

do you like to use extra cards for lenormand cards? i don't use extra cards. i have to check this deck out.

thank-you.

Yes, I like very much being able to switch Snakes, Trees, or Birds, or Dog for Cat, or male Rider for female Rider, or Boy for Girl for example.So I enjoy he extra choices very much, but the meaning of the card doesn´t change.
Then there is the possibility to do readings with for example both the boy and the girl in the deck if there are a boy and a girl in a family, but then I guess we strictly speaking are not doing Lenormand anymore, as that is 36 cards period. The same goes for using some of the interesing spreads where you use both Trees, or all three Birds(represening other things than the usual;healing, social interaction and wisdom) in certain positions in a string, or do a GT with the usual 36 cards, but where 8 cards also represents the eight Sabbats, to get an all year GT; reading around each Sabbat for the timing.
Sometimes I use an extra card for GT and put the card left out on that card, saw it done on youtube, to ge in more people. And someimes I leave more than one extra card in the deck to see what shows up in a string, but I understand that this isn´t correct use of Lenormand, giving cerain cards extra chance to show up.
Thank you for your interest!

Genna

Mystical Lenormand

I should mention my favourite all time; the deck that has stood the test of time; Mystical Lenormand. I learned to read with it and it´s book, that has two examples of interpretation for every two-card combo possible. But the book has to be bought separately; (it´s rather thick).There are also good insight in the cards and card-reading, and good spreads, but not much on how to read Grand Tableau. You will need another book too.
The cards are lovely, small like lenormand cards should be, illustrated in egg-tempera. They are funny, warm, intelligent and original, every card has an animal on it (like Mystical Kipper which I also like). You see every scene through a different window frame.

The deck is by the medium Regula Elizabeth Fiechter and the artist Urban Trösch (like Mystical Kipper).

The cards have no playing card association, which is sad, but there is an astrological association. My deck has got so much use, that I´ve just got my third. Not because the cardstock was bad, but because I´ve used it so much so that my dog has found the pouch in my chair and chewed it.It has had my best pouch, knitted, and my dog thought it a toy. The deck is just fun to read with. And I feel a good warm vibe from it, I guess because of the illustrations.

snowmoon

I should mention my favourite all time; the deck that has stood the test of time; Mystical Lenormand. I learned to read with it and it´s book, that has two examples of interpretation for every two-card combo possible. But the book has to be bought separately; (it´s rather thick).There are also good insight in the cards and card-reading, and good spreads, but not much on how to read Grand Tableau. You will need another book too.
The cards are lovely, small like lenormand cards should be, illustrated in egg-tempera. They are funny, warm, intelligent and original, every card has an animal on it (like Mystical Kipper which I also like). You see every scene through a different window frame.

The deck is by the medium Regula Elizabeth Fiechter and the artist Urban Trösch (like Mystical Kipper).

The cards have no playing card association, which is sad, but there is an astrological association. My deck has got so much use, that I´ve just got my third. Not because the cardstock was bad, but because I´ve used it so much so that my dog has found the pouch in my chair and chewed it.It has had my best pouch, knitted, and my dog thought it a toy. The deck is just fun to read with. And I feel a good warm vibe from it, I guess because of the illustrations.

hi,

illustrated in egg-tempera.

i think i saw it in handbook, online before. it is kind of cute!

There are also good insight in the cards and card-reading, and good spreads, but not much on how to read Grand Tableau. You will need another book too.

what kind of spreads is included? i cannot find many spreads for lenormand cards online . i do have ebook for how to read lenormand cards. if i need to buy it separate it is fine to me.

do you like astrological association on it?

thank-you .

EmpyreanKnight

I only have three so far, but Pixie's Astounding Lenormand is a subtle, classy, and somber deck that I've learned to truly cherish. I just love the colors used, and its portability (it comes in a tin) helps too.

snowmoon

I only have three so far, but Pixie's Astounding Lenormand is a subtle, classy, and somber deck that I've learned to truly cherish. I just love the colors used, and its portability (it comes in a tin) helps too.

hi, i only have 3 lenormand cards too! i saw the pixie images online before. it comes with the tin is good!

do you think the images might be hard to tell which cards when you do GT?

thank-you.

Mirra

I only have 2 decks: Dondorf (Königsfurt) and Maybe Lenormand (US Games). While I love both, my favorite is the Maybe Lenormand. It feels classic and modern at the same time, and so easy to read! The set comes in a hard box with a book and extra cards inspired by gypsy fortune telling. And it's not expensive :)

Village Witch

I have quite a few favorite decks. I've been using the Zingdoodle Lenormand. What a fabulous fun deck! I am seriously disappointed to see it is no longer available.

I like to purchase duplicates of my favorite decks so that I always have one in reserve. I just recently tracked down a second Judith Bärtschi Lenormand. Another fabulous deck!