yes & no questions

Kaylee Marie

I generally just shuffle and pull one card, and let my intuition guide me. I don't believe that certain cards are necessarily "positive" or "negative". I also don't believe in assigning certain yes/no attributes to uprights and reversals. Basically, I'm an anti-ALWAYS person. But if others get good results that way, more power to them. The gyspy method does sound intruiging...

Example: three weeks ago when I was ovulating, I pulled a card to ask "Will I get pregnant this month?" The answer from Sakki-Sakki was The Artist card, which is about the process of creation. Therefore, I interpreted it as "Yes". This morning, being a week late, I asked "Am I pregnant now?" The answer was The Magician. Since he's about combining forces within you, I again took this as "Yes." I would not normally associate these cards with pregnancy, but they gave very useful (and accurate!) messages. Just took a pregnancy test a couple hours ago, and I am definitely pregnant!!! :D

You probably didn't need that example, but I just had to share!!!!!!

jojojo

Congratulations Kaylee!!!

beautifulsoul

yes/no answer spread?

This is the way Wicce does it.......

You might want to check it out. I don't read often at fairs, but did last week...I used this for the yes/no questions and it worked very well.

http://www.wicce.com/yesno.html

Ruby Red Slippers

I tried the link to this "Wicce yes/no answer spread? but it no longer works. it is a very old post, but many say that it works AMAZINGLY well, and really gives a GREAT ANSWER to YES/NO questions.

Does anybody know the NEW link to this? or does anybody know about this Wicce Yes/No answer spread??

nisaba

Tarot cards want to *discuss* things. They want to talk all around the point - they're not good at one-word answers. I use a pendulum for those kinds of answers - they're much more amenable to yes/no questions. Nice and simple and quick.

I once suggested in another thread on the subject, that if you want to keep your Tarot practice "pure" and use only Tarot, you might pull the Ace Pentacles out of your deck, and toss it high in the air with a bit of spin on it. Then look at it when it falls on the table or floor. If it's face-up, that's yes. If it's face-down, that's no.

Works well.

rwcarter

Does anybody know the NEW link to this? or does anybody know about this Wicce Yes/No answer spread??
The whole site appears to be gone. Try the wayback machine (wayback.org) to find a cached copy of the page.

SunChariot

I know people who use reversals who draw a card and if its upright its yes, reversed is no

:THP

I have done that too, or I let even numbers mean yes and odd numbers mean no.

But I too have found that yes/no questions rarely work for me. I have actually been told directly that they will never work well for me. The cards actually told me that.

Maybe because,as we know as readers, the future is not set in stone. Some sometimes the answer is "Yes, if this happens" and "No, if that happens". That kind of thing can not be answered in a simple yes no question. Sometimes the answer is just maybe, if that future is not set yet.

Babs

SunChariot

Tarot cards want to *discuss* things. They want to talk all around the point - they're not good at one-word answers. I use a pendulum for those kinds of answers - they're much more amenable to yes/no questions. Nice and simple and quick.

That definitely tends to me my experience too. Tarot cards just want to give detailed answers. Tarot is not as good a tool for yes/no answers.

Pendulum are better. I have my pendulum set for:yes, no, probably yes, probably no, unclear (the answer is not yet set. OR the question is unclear and ambigious), And not in the best interest of the querent to know this right now.

Babs