Two Deniers (Coins) - how may it be read?

jmd

The Two of Coins is quite unique... well, they each are, of course!

In this card is seems as though there is both a gentle unfolding between one opening to the other, or an enfolding of each aspects, carefully placed where it may bear best flower and bear fruit.

It is also as if what was before an undivided One has now begun the process of division and multiplication... perhaps, with time, a total transformation or metamorphosis will result - Coins are there not for their own sake, but to enable riches to be more easily shared.

...and with this, I make my last post for 2004 :)

Attachments

• Arnoult 2 D 1748.jpg
    Arnoult 2 D 1748.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 262

Fulgour

I see you've chosen the Arnoult 1748 2 de Deniers.
Would we were transported there to toast the day!

Sophie

What a beautiful card you've posted! - can you say more about the deck?

I like the II de Deniers. I see the enfolding S as a protective envelope that allows the two deniers to mature - both separately and together. The IIs are about duality and gestation (in my view these are linked) - the Papesse number: the dialectic is well represented here; as is the gestation.

In a reading? Mature your material means and bring them to fruition by gathering them together, do not get caught up in contradictory and scattered plans but work to husband your forces so that you may launch a solid, focussed and well-prepared idea that can be transformed into gold.

I'll add, too, that as associated to the Papesse, IIs have a spiritual element to them - urges us to go deeper. II de Deniers is not just about a work or financial affairs: the earth always urges us to go deeper, and discover the spiritual dimension of labour.

Paul

Ditto, on posting the Arnoult TdM! Is this from a book?

I see the two's as duality, friction, mild conflict, vacillation, possessing the Lunar quality of obscurity, a cell dividing, but into what? Due to my Papus-inspired system, the 2's (upright) are even numbered and "negative": conflict/oscillation/vacillation/obscurity. Reversed, the Lunar quality would morph into "positive": productive-friction/exchange/confluence/intrigue. For me, Coins are The 3 H’s: Holdings, Home, Health.

Put it all together, say for "Holdings," and the 2 Coins can mean mild conflict with money, perhaps the beginnings of stealing from Peter to pay Paul, so to speak. This came up for one client when the client was starting to juggle debt. If "Home," small repairs needed but those that are "hidden" behind the walls, or under the sinks. If "Health," small, annoying health problems with obscure etiology.

Well, those are just some examples of what's come up in readings I've done for people.

I've posted, for fun, the card from La Corte dei Tarocchi from Meneghello & one from Classico Tarocco di Marsiglia - Meneghello.

Attachments

• Corte 2 Deniers.jpg
    Corte 2 Deniers.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Meneg 2 Deniers.jpg
    Meneg 2 Deniers.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 197

tmgrl2

Oooh...I love all three cards posted and the interpretations as well!

I'll add the Hadar and the Camoin for a more recent redo.

I think of this card as one of either Cooperation or Conflict, depending upon its position.

Then the big "S" I relegate to Sensitivity and Spirituality.

These latter words help me combine aspects needed for either cooperation or conflict when matters of the material plane are considered...money, wills, careers, health.

So no matter what part of the "physical" or "material" is being dealt with, I feel as though this two says:

"Two at work here. Development in progress. Growth going on. Learning taking place. Creation ongoing.
Please, remember to be kind and work together, however, or the success you acheive will be a chimera, bringing no deep inner satisfaction."

terri

Attachments

• Hadar-Deux de Deniers-Camoin-Deux de Deniers.jpg
    Hadar-Deux de Deniers-Camoin-Deux de Deniers.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 206

Moonbow

I see these two coins as spinning in opposite directions so the card appears to have alot of movement and flow. I see them as a reflection of each other but also in opposition. The Hadar shows one end of the ribbon to have a bud and the other end a seed pod (to me) and so we again see the flow of life from seed to flower to seed. It could almost be seen as a time line.... it's continuous. (my other decks only show a bud at each end so I would be interested to know why Kris Hadar changed this - if he did).

In a reading the card would suggest developing and progressing, to keep going and go with the flow, in relation to reality - which could be a career or other path that has been chosen. With regards to money it could reflect the need to invest money in order for it to grow, or perhaps to spend money on something considered a future investment.

firemaiden

Wow, this is the first time I have noticed that the ribbon is actually unfurling. It reminds me of rolling out dough to make cookies. :D

It also reminds me of gears that make eachother turn with a rubber band between them. (But if the ribbon is incomplete... hmmm, does that mean the cooperation of gears is still in construction?) It reminds me of cause-effect relationships, cooperation, action - reaction... perhaps the part where the ribbon is incomplete - unattached, suggests that we are only partly operated by other people's gears, and the rest is up to our own invention.

Perhaps the unwinding ribbon is like the twisting DNA strand -- and the part where the ribbon is incomplete leaves room for the part of God, or the part of stars... in the random and mechanical process of a zygote shuffling its genes and dividing.

It's like the part in the mechanism left open for "fuzzy logic". :D

tmgrl2

Great observations, Moonbow and fm!

I never saw the ribbon before....

Maybe the seepod is us and the completed flower is what is being channeled from above.

The Grimaud has the ribbon unfurling with a bud AND a flower at each end.

terri

jmd

This unfurling and twisting in opposite direction, an act encouraged by the direction of the ribbon, is a wonderful description...

The Arnoult image I posted earlier is from a special gift I received at some stage of a few high resolution images from the Bibliotheque Nationale, and from, I am lead to believe, an 1890 Grimaud deck published then.

If there is indeed two directions of spin, one would be clockwise (& northern hemisphere deosil), and the other anti-clockwise (& southern hemisphere deosil).

I mentioned in my previous post that 'it is also as if what was before an undivided One has now begun the process of division and multiplication' - here what may also be shown is that the undivided - and still united by the ribbon - single Coin or sphere has two directions of motion, depending on where one stands or looks. A spinning coin (or wheel) that from one side appears to be going in one direction will, from the other, be seen to be going in the opposite.

In many version, each coin is also seen rayonnante (or radiating beams of light-like lines): Sun and counter-Sun? or Sun and the Sun beyond/behind the Sun?

What is hidden in the machinations that are obvious? one side may indeed be clear, but always there are other aspects that paint a fuller picture, and to which we may remain unaware.

Nevada

Nice images. :)

This thread makes me think of the card as interconnectedness, and displacement. (As I eat the food on my plate, the plate becomes less full and I become more so.) Every action causes a reaction, and so forth.

Nevada