3 Batons - how may it be read?

jmd

When I more recently reflected on this card (a few months ago probably for the 78 Weeks of Study series), one of the striking features that came to mind was its close resemblance to the sigil or seal used for Christ (Che Rho, save that at times, instead of the 'P' as the second letter, an 'I' is placed for Iesus): 'I' & 'X' overlayed.

Here too is a reminder that this card, and the one before it especially (though this can apply to all the Bastons pips) may be seen as numbers in Roman. In this case, equivalent to XI.

I often see the Bastons as painting or writing implements (probably made easier by not associating any suit to a specific element most of the time), and thus am lead to, especially with regards to the three which I often also associate with communication, to see this card suggesting a need (or occasion) to write any documents that pertains especially to a need to make something known, or sealing it with one's mark or signature.

Attached is the Payen

[I have altered the image from the manner I have recently used - if anyone who had problems with earlier images can please PM to let me know how it is with this one, I would appreciate it]

Attachments

• 3 B Payen.jpg
    3 B Payen.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 192

tmgrl2

Trois de Batons:

Beauty.

Creativity.

Plans

Looking at Deux de Batons with the flowers nestled in the V of the two crossed batons, I now see the third baton in place of these flowers.....the baton from the two (feminine) is made manifest(masculin) , but the work is not complete. There is more to do with this creative baton of fire in order to reach a 4...

So a work in progress, but clearly a force that one can now see in this plane as offering the tools to create.

terri

Moonbow

This is very much an 'action' card to me, threes represent some kind of movement and expression, and the batons also relate to energy and movement. Infact I think of a Majorette twirling her baton when I see this card, as though it's one baton in motion.

The sprouting stems are also representative of extended growth. So in a reading, if it were purely on it's own, it would relate to the need for progression particularly in forms of art and creative interests, the need to take a huge step or risk perhaps.

Moonbow

Well a year down the line and I have a few more thoughts about this card.

Several times it has come to represent teamwork for me, or how to relate to more than one other. Threes represent an expansion of two, a team and the different way of relating to that number as opposed to how one would relate to just one other.

For example one represents self, or a singular, giving the impression of solitude and aloneness (not necessarily lonely though). Two represents a couple - whether that be two of the same, or opposites. But three means expanding the way we react to more than one person at once. So rather than a one-to-one interaction, three is more of an expansion of that as though 'addressing' several and therefore a feeling of sharing and branching out comes with this card.