Lets try again.

Ahria

I have been thinking about this and been wondering if I should put a explanation to the cards. Your comment (very welcome) has prompted me to.

Before I start I should say that I never read cards upside down. To myself there is bad and a good side to every card without it being upside down and I usually gather the meaning by the cards surrounding it.

All of this is how I see the tarot not necessarily how someone else sees it.

The Fool: Is the start of a journey, with innocence and with purpose. To myself a child has a journey its a extraordinary one and one which is filled with purpose. It is a leap of faith where you lose your inhibitions and go on your own instincts to follow a path. The down side of the card is when to me you let a child go blindly into the night and you know harm is coming. That is why I choose a child because on the downside without guidance and love any journey is perilous.

The Magician: I see this card as power and action with so much will and force but with any power comes responsibility or corruption. This is very much a card to me of you have the power to do what you need to but head the warning of being over confident. Power can corrupt at the same time power can do so much good and the choice is yours. The lightning and the world in front of him shows that he can have anything but playing with lightning (ie power) can be dangerous, which is why the colors are vivid with a dark background.

The High Priestess: If you look at her hands, her back is against you, saying I have this huge world that is unexplored, a mystery if you will, come and get it if you dare. Its behind a curtain and like with all things unknown its approached with caution. Its not something that is blazed into like the Magician. To me she is saying I have the conscious and the subconscious at your fingertips. You have only seen a glimpse of what you can do but do you want to see it all? Its the potential of what you can do but it requires from you is to think before you open that curtain.

I hope that makes more sense to what I am trying to say with the cards as well as the colors and images.

rwcarter

Ahria,

Thanks for that explanation. The hands in the HP is a subtlety that escaped me. With her back to the viewer, she does seem more HP-like, leaving you to wonder what's on the other side of her.

Rodney

iamlora

is this going to be a deck just for you or are you planning to sell them? because i WANT. omg, they are beautiful!

Vardigon

Hey Ahria,

I really love your deck. If you considered having it published, and I had the money available, I might be persuaded to purchase it, hehe. There aren't that many black-based decks out there. The silhouettes are very enjoyable.

P.S. If you do have it published, make sure the cardstock is good x.X.

Ahria

iamlora said:
is this going to be a deck just for you or are you planning to sell them? because i WANT. omg, they are beautiful!

I have no idea, I am creating them right now because I love tarot and the art side of it and just enjoying creating them. I think I will decide later?

Metal Queen

Re-creation

Really distinct,beautiful imagery.Take inspiration from the idea that in re-creating some of the cards you lost,you'll explore the themes a second time around,and in so doing discover how your artistic expression has expanded.Keep it going!

lucifall

rwcarter said:
Ahria,

As a picture, it's beautiful and evocative. As a tarot card, I think it very nicely captures what the Fool is all about. But I can't help thinking "Where are that baby's parents?!?!?!?!?"

Rodney

The Moon and The Sun? The baby seems to be in the Twilight-zone.....

rwcarter

lucifall,

That's an interesting thought.

Rodney

moonlitkim

These cards are incredible! The Empress is one of the "must see" cards on my list before deciding if I want a deck. I love it! Just so you know, if you do decide to sell these, I would be a very happy customer! :D

~MoonlitKim