Holy Light Tarot Book!

foolMoon

This thread has reminded me that I have this deck somewhere in the draw, and will take it out and do some readings with it.

It has not been used for readings at all due to the problem with its unique astrological and symbolism attribution, which is different from the traditional and the GD's.

Christine

Yes the book is more extensive than the app

Hello people, nice to see you talking about the THL and excited about the new book!

Just to clarify -- I have not made up anything, I just grounded myself in Renaissance magic and teach Tarot from those conventions, rather than the 20th century revision that everybody now thinks is "traditional".

This book is Volume 1 of two, the first one about about the deck itself, the second about the historical precedents that guided my choices in assembling the interdisciplinary body of correspondences. As I say in the book, people who don't want to bother learning "why" can still use the THL, the esoteric system flows seamlessly below the surface of the cards just the way it always has.

I find it amazing that for all the Tarot lovers in the world, so few become curious about the 500 years of settled tradition that was in place before the OGD overwrote it all to have "something of their own". I am speaking to the ignored and denied portion of Tarot's historical roots. My passion comes from respect for Tarot's unknown originators, who invented such a successful occult computer that is has survived nearly intact through all these centuries. I am an archeologist of magical theory, I guess.

So, in fact, I'm explicating the Continental tradition, meaning the european decks of 78 cards with the Trumps numbered in the Marseille order. These represent the Tarot standard model from 1400's up to the time of Christian, Levi, Papus and Wirth, including Etteilla's packs.

The English Tarots have plenty of people to speak for their brand of esotericism, while the older stream of decks gets left in the margins as "only a card game". I'm willing to resist that convenient but incorrect steriotype for the sake of those people whose affinities tend towards the older packs. I may have taken an unpopular position give the era during which I live, but it is not untoward or disloyal to Tarot to study the roots of our Art and strive to put it in context of the intellectual discourse at the times of its invention.

Hopefully, the results of these investigations will speak for themselves. I look forward to more feedback as the books go out.

Blessings to all, cpt

The Happy Squirrel

My book just arrived. I bought the deck because I love the art. Everything else is way over my head. But Christine's search for an 'origin' before the Golden Dawn resonates with my own curiosity. I am uncomfortable with the 'dogma' like tone I often found when some talk about the GD. Reminds me too much of the old church. Having said that, judging from the outline of Christine's basic tenets which have been reviewed by others (I haven't read the Underground Stream myself) I suspect I am not in agreement with them. I am looking forward to understanding the deck by diving into the book. PS: the book is very lovely looking too :)