ATC AT ***Majors Only*** Deck Project

DraagonStorm

Death becomes Bat Chicken.........

BB
DraagonStorm

OnePotato

What's the diff?

Colly34 said:
As this is an ACEO deck not ATC will it be offered for sale as most ACEO's are?

Hey, can someone please briefly explain the fine points of "ACT" and "ACEO"?

What are the differences?

I am assuming this project that I have signed up for is limited to the 22 copies of my work that I produce, and that no additional copies will be made by anyone else. (I don't care if someone sells their deck with a copy of my card in it, as long as nobody reproduces my card.)

OnePotato is confused...

DraagonStorm

There will be only 22 decks when completed! No other copies of this deck will be made available. Each of the 22 Artists will be receiving ONE complete deck assembled from one of each of the 22 copies of the cards that they have created, printed and sent to the coordinator.

As for the difference between ATC and ACEO... I'm not sure.... Maybe someone else can give a good explanation....

BB
DraagonStorm

Colly34

ACT's are artist TRADING cards and that's the main issue that they are traded not sold. It's a new and emerging art form as the emphasis is on exchange not on monetary value.
Stirnemann's idea was that the only way to get an atc was to make and trade an atc.
That is the main and important difference, it's about one to one interaction, about community, taking money out of the picture, as such it is a unique concept a dig in the ribs to the money driven art world.

ACEO's are seen by many as "jumping on the bandwagon" by those just interested in making money and ignoring the heart of the idea. :)

Look here for a more indepth explanation.

http://www.artist-trading-cards.ch/trading.html

DraagonStorm

Being new to both, I guess I should have called it ATC AT Deck Project...... When I did the original search, from the original post, I found ACEO, and started calling it that. No one said any different, so I went with it....

BB
DraagonStorm

Colly34

Looking back at the original post by rebecca-smiles, it clearly says ATC but I think it was misdirected by someone who thought ATC's and ACEO's were the same.
I guess anyone could make this mistake if they don't know the history of the art form, in practice i.e in the construction, the two cards are the same, same size, etc. but it's the principle of not selling that turns an ATC into an ACEO.

Colly

starrystarrynight

OOOhh oohh ooooh!

Can I do the Fool?

DraagonStorm

Colly

That would be my fault, I had never heard of either before.... and when someone asked who would be the coordinator, I volunteered.... Like I said before, my searches brought up ACEO as the acronim so that's what I used... Can't change the title now.

starrystarrynight you have the Fool

BB
DraagonStorm

Gayla

I would like to do the Wheel of Fortune or the World. :)

DraagonStorm

Gayla

Both are still available. Which one?

BB
DraagonStorm