AT's ATC Tarot Deck Project and Exhibition

rebecca-smiles

Gayla, of course!

rebecca-smiles

For simplicity sake, i think it might be best that we do produce 78 of each card. The labour in this is mostly in their design, rather than production. Please bear in mind your postage costs, but also that you will be receiving a limited addition, and comparatively cheap tarot deck/piece of art. The advantage would be that you get more than one copy of the deck, one for yourself, another as a gift/s.

Gayla

:) Thank you so much. This is a wonderful project. :)

Colly34

Rebecca,

How are you intending to exhibit the cards in this exhibition, will you be using some kind of free standing frame or are the cards to be mounted on the walls, that seems like har work if you have a lot of cards!

Colly

rebecca-smiles

the last exhibition (i didn't co-ordinate this, but helped set it up at the venue and curate it) we had type setting boxes that held 25 cards, ung around the walls. they look really nice, each card has its own little box that it sits in. we had only 5 or 6 of these, and about 3-400 ATC's so the rest were mounted onto boards, and mostly directly to the wall in individual plastic diplay pockets, with double sided tape.

It will be a creative process itself, as we will work with the environment to make the best use of the space, what ever it lends itself to. if we have glass windows at eye level, that are very insulated, we couls stick them inpockets to the glass, so that they can be seen outside they gallery, and from both sides.

You can get plastic sheets with pockets in that, despite how they sound,look quite smart. these could be suspended and so you could see the fronts and backs.

if we can get free standing boards, we will probably use these too. it all depends on the space, resources and what we have permission to do.

We will probably look at the two venues next week, and whatever we decide, it will be consistent (you don't want too many dispaly methods or it looks messy).

One venue we are thinking of is very central, well known for the arts, and has a lovely, pure white decor and lots of natural light. there is plenty of open space and wall space on which to apply our ATCs.

Yes it is very time consuming, and quite a commitment, but to see the finished thing it is well worth the effort.

blackroseivy

rebecca-smiles said:
You have them.

By the way, a little of topic but, i'm sure i've heard of your name before. where does 'danubhe' come from/mean?

Hehe! :D

The Danube is named for the Mother Goddess of the Celts, Danu; I like that name but it is ALWAYS coming back "taken". Also, I had this weird sorta visionary experience wherein my "guide" gave me the name with an Irish aspirated dipthong... kinda! :p Longish story for, kinda the Irish spelling for the river. ;)

blackroseivy

Oh!

BTW, for those of us who of course won't be able to see this thing in person, you WILL be posting photos - ? :D

Colly34

Well,when we know the dates of the exhibition I may see if I can make a visit,
depends on where and when though.

The festival thingy sound interesting so I could make a day of it, if I can bribe my otherhalf to come with me!

Colly

blackroseivy

:D

Now, I'm wondering: I want to do oil paintings. Will masonite cut to the correct size be all right, or should I use "card-stock"-weight canvas paper?

blackroseivy

& I MUST ask: May I take The Moon & The Star, too? :D