Contradiction in Snuffin's elemental table

daedal

I'm currently a beginner working through the basic constituents and attributes of each card and I have noticed a discrepancy between Michael Osiris Snuffin's elemental symbolism and Crowley's. Their symbols for air and water are reversed. Looking online shows similar confusion. Why is this? Who is right?

kwaw

I'm currently a beginner working through the basic constituents and attributes of each card and I have noticed a discrepancy between Michael Osiris Snuffin's elemental symbolism and Crowley's. Their symbols for air and water are reversed. Looking online shows similar confusion. Why is this? Who is right?

The elemental symbols are standard - not sure why there should be confusion - where online have you found shows similar confusion?

Fire = upright triangle
Water = reversed triangle

(together as a hexagram was a symbol for brandy/whisky merchants, fire-water)

Air = upright triangle with horizontal line through middle
Earth = reversed triangle with horizontal line through middle

magicjack

Air and water should be reversed. Think of it this way,. Hard suits (wands=clubs black ...Swords=spades black both up). (Soft suits hearts =cups red...diamonds=coins red both down). Triangles up Fire and Air go together.. Triangles down Water and Earth go together. (earth and air have lines in them). You could actually be looking at a typo. I know I made this more confusing then it is Im sure ...Just go fire water air earth. Hard soft hard soft. Up down up down. (Last 2 with lines)

Aeon418

I have noticed a discrepancy between Michael Osiris Snuffin's elemental symbolism and Crowley's.
Are you referring to the error in the Five Elements table on p.182 of Snuffin's book?
The symbols for Water and Air are the wrong way around. Just switch them. Problem solved.