A Most Genuine & Authentic Fake 15th Century Method!

Melanchollic

An Example Reading

A querent asks -

"When will I be wed?"

I inquire to the querent about her current situation. She is 34, rather unattractive, and struck me as somewhat unsocial in temperament. She had no marriage prospects, and had had few lovers, the most recent being two years previous. I reckoned the earliest possible time she could find a boyfriend and take it to the marriage stage was 2 years.

15th06.jpg

Judgement - The distance between Father Time and Love would be 6 years.

Rosanne

Melanchollic said:
I told her she'd be married within 15 years. ;)

Did she pay you or hit you?

Melanchollic

Rosanne said:
Did she pay you or hit you?

I never charge. She actually was as Melancholic as my name. She looked rather pleased she'd be getting married at all. I felt a little sorry for her. :( Hopefully Father Time will give her a hand and have a word with Fortuna, and they can find the girl a beau! :heart:

Melanchollic

To Procure the Resolution of All Manner of Questions and Demands in the Realm of Success

The Chariot (VII) shall be used as the main significator for any and all manner of successes - financial, granting of rank, promotions, contests, competitions, etc.

• The Chariot's proximity to Fortune (X) showeth how much opportunity there be for success.

• The Chariot's proximity to the The Traitor (XII) do bespeak of "success betrayed", being failure, or a failure after some success.

• The Chariot's proximity to Death (XIII) do showeth pure failure.

• The Chariot's proximity to Time (VIIII) shall reveal when a success is going to occur.

• The Chariot's proximity to The Angel (XX) showeth the reviving of former successes.

Rosanne

Good Morning Melancollic !

If you are answering in the realm of Success and choose the Chariot as signifier, do you choose another card as signifier also?
For example I chose Emperor and Sun as parts of question, but in my spread
Death was between them and underneath the Chariot.
Now I know one would glance around at the surrounding cards, to see influences; in this regard how far would one extend the eyes?
Now my reading looks sort of negative instead of positive :surprise:

~Rosanne

Melanchollic

Well, you don't look at ANY cards outside of the two "pre-selected" significators. The whole judgement is based on how your two significators are relating to each other in two dimensional space. If they're close together they are 'connecting' (say, Success and Betrayal), if they are distant, they are not 'connecting'. You have to ignore all the other cards (Yes, it's a challenge sometimes).

Think of it like this, when the reader understands what the querent wants to know, the reader translates it into Tarotese. For example, the querent what's to know if her kid's back on drugs. The reader translates this into "Will Folly meet with Temptation?" So the reader chooses The Fool and The Devil as the two significators. These are the only two cards that become "activated". All the other cards are still "switched off". We lay out the 'grid' and see how Folly and Temptation are getting along. Now, most experienced Tarot readers are going to want to view some of the other cards as possibly relevant here, like that drug-pushin' Juggler. In playing around with this principle of 'allegories interacting in space' for the past few months, bringing in a third, then forth, or fifth significator bogs judgement down. I want ease and clarity. If we let ourselves freely add on more cards, like the Juggler say, we actually lose freedom.

Our Fool isn't near the Devil, but he's next to Pusher-man.

What does that mean?

Our Fool is by the Devil, but the Pope is there keeping him in line, and the Pusher is over peddling crack to the Papessa, who has Justice just above her, so is about to be busted on possession.

HOW THE QUERENT WILL RESPOND :confused: ~WTF?

Do you see how it can spiral out of control and we end up not being able to answer a simple yes/no question? It reminds me of some the readings I've had from folks doing the Camoin Method. There are 17 cards on the table, the reader has gone on for 26 minutes, but still seems torn on whether or not my neighbor stole my shovel. :laugh:

Rosanne

Melanchollic said:
Well, you don't look at ANY cards outside of the two "pre-selected" significators. The whole judgement is based on how your two significators are relating to each other in two dimensional space. If they're close together they are 'connecting' (say, Success and Betrayal), if they are distant, they are not 'connecting'. You have to ignore all the other cards (Yes, it's a challenge sometimes).
Aye, I got it now. The switched on or activated is very clear now.
You could answer the direct answer to the question yes or no- and then if applicable give a timing or a small elaboration.
My example: Yes you will get your permanent Visa within the next three months (Hermit) and the Governments objections have ended (Death).
Very excellent method as I have become bogged down with other methods, and have had too much to say.

Do you see how it can spiral out of control and we end up not being able to answer a simple yes/no question? It reminds me of some the readings I've had from folks doing the Camoin Method. There are 17 cards on the table, the reader has gone on for 26 minutes, but still seems torn on whether or not my neighbor stole my shovel. :laugh:
:laugh: and somewhat in sympathy as I have moved from 10 cards down to 5- now..... it looks quite professional and visually attractive. It also allows the querent to see some other connections for themselves should they wish to comment further. If not, they can bask in my erudition. :p
Thank you.
~Rosanne

Melanchollic

On Note on Editing

M.E.L., 1499 and I have slightly 'streamlined' the methodology to make it even better. We've also edited the diagrams with a more "15th Century feel", and to celebrate the release of M.E.L.'s and my favorite deck EVER, faithfully recreated by Robert Place, the Italian Renaissance Woodcut Tarocchi. This deck had been reconstructed from a fragmented deck from various printed sheets of a tarot created between 1465 and 1500, in Ferrara and created from whole and fragmented cards on uncut sheets in The Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Budapest Museum of Fine Arts.

My apologies to Bee and Rosanne. :( ~ SORRY!! Some of their replies may seem a little odd now that we've updated some of our posts. They should be easily re-edited if the ladies feel so inclined. :heart:

Bernice

So, we've dumped the Virtues. Just as well, as any queries arising from the first spread, can be easily re-cast - quick & simple :)

Bee :)

Bernice

Mel, the pic on post 41: A querent asks - "When will I be wed?"

Is this what you mean re. timing - see attched.

Bee :)

Attachments

• when-wed.jpg
    when-wed.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 143