Marseille 3-card combinations

Bernice

Following on from the "Eye Rhymes with the Dodal" thread, this thread will be experimenting with 3-card combinations of any Marseille deck. All reading methods/systems are acceptable.

Please state the Deck you are using plus the Method used when you post.

To start us off:
1) These 3 cards relate to 'A work or job condition/issue'.
2) Deck cards = the Noblet (Flornoy).
3) Method = Hedgwitch (cartomanic) meanings for the court & pip cards.

noblet-1.jpg

I had expected, hoped, for a trump to appear, but this is what turned up:___ Knight Swords + 6 Batons + 8 Swords

Cartomancy meanings only have a knave which I think of as a Page. So I have the Knight to mean = In service of the King. The 'kings man' who goes about his masters' business.

Knight Swords:__ Emissory of an enemy, or person of authority. Bosses right-hand man?
6 Batons:______ Education. Teaching/learning. or business goal.
8 SWords:______Negative or oppressed attitude. Gossip/rumours.

I am 'reading' this combination from the centre card.
So in relation to a job, it seems this might be about a training scheme of some sort. It's being monitored or run by a person with an objective viewpoint who has concerns that the scheme may not be functioning as well as expected/hoped.

The Hedgewitch combination of Knight Swords + 6 Batons = College degree. It does rather strengthen my thoughts of these cards being about a Business Training Scheme.

Bee :)

Moonbow

Nice start Bee. :)

I'm itching to have a try with the meanings from Anon and Piscina in "Explaining the Tarot" but that will have to wait until we draw some Majors.

In the meantime there are some methods to try here:

Marseilles Reading Methods

I wonder how these three cards will work with playing card meanings, so I'm going to have a look into that as well.

Herzog

This is great.

Bernice, do we comment on each others spreads, or do we just post our own with commentary?

Moonbow

In Bernice's absence I would say that the idea is to make this a discussion of the cards with the method used, and also use the same cards for different methods. We've had some discussions about this but Bee may have some more ideas too.

Could someone please link to Hedgewitch's method, I can't find the site now since I lost my hard drive last year.

Moonbow

That's the one, thanks Laura.

Bernice

Moonbow* said:
In Bernice's absence I would say that the idea is to make this a discussion of the cards with the method used, and also use the same cards for different methods. We've had some discussions about this but Bee may have some more ideas too.

Could someone please link to Hedgewitch's method, I can't find the site now since I lost my hard drive last year.
Yep, a free-for-all! Different reading methods for the same 3 cards are welcome :).

When we've exhausted the possibilities - or feel ready for another set of 3 - we can move on. Maybe just go with the initial 3 cards for the present. Who knows, an astounding system might get born from a combination of many ideas.

Bee :)

Moonbow

OK, I'm out of my comfort zone using playing card meanings with a Marseilles deck. I'm familiar with the Playing Card Oracle but only in use with those cards.

First I see three black cards; so that already points to a challenge of some sort.

As Bee says there is no Knight in cartomancy so this bit is guess work but I would see a Knight as a more experienced, trustworthy, brave, dedicated and perhaps adult type of Valet (Page).

From a visual standpoint, I don't see these cards gelling with each other very well. The Knight is traveling back and away from the other cards, not interested or involved. The middle card seems pivotal and suggests its advantageous to stand your ground and not change jobs or upset an already stable job situation. The Swords again back up the Batons by indicating that something wonderful is likely to happen just by itself and without having to take any action.

Le Fanu

Are we allowed to post questions or does it have to be kept vague? i.e work, love etc...

inanna_tarot

Going to have a go with this, with my own 'lets just try to see something... anything' method of TdM reading lol.

The knight is like the significator, someone wanting to do well, to take on the quest of the situation, using their intellect and critical thinking to their best advantage.
However, there is a problem that the knight does not want to face, for he is facing away from the 6 of batons. Its a challenge. its one thing to know theres a problem, but another thing to face up to it and meet it head on, perhaps speak out against it.
However, going by the way the 6 of batons seems to be like a scissor cutting at the centre flower in half, I can see that with this act of bravery, it is easily dealt with and overcome - victory!
The 8 of swords reflects how there will be a time of truce - this instance will blow over and everything will calm down. However, as its an 8, I feel that there might be other obstacles of that this problem will continue again. The flower that was cut in the 6 of batons is reforming and growing again in the 8 of swords.