Camoin-Jodo VS the Noblet

greatdane

Which is your preference and why when it comes to a Marseille? If you had to choose between just those two, no others, which would stay, which would go?

Gulliver

Without any doubt: I prefer the Noblet. It was created earlier and it looks very modern at the same time. It's astonishing fresh. With the Noblet you have an original tarot, the other one - so I read - isn't a copy of an original version.

conversus

Regarding the Noblet or the Jodo-Camion

Actually this is little like contrasting walnuts and oranges

But since you asked, there is no contest, the Noblet is the better deck. It is small, stiff, thick, quirky, charming, challenging--just look at those faces. If it bears any esoteric subtext it keeps all of that mostly to itself. It is just fresh and vibrant and terribly red-blooded--even if the faces might suggest otherwise.

The Camoin-Jodo is charming, slick, flexible, big. I had terribly nice things to say about it when it was new, i imagine that i meant every syllable, but i put every last card back in their box and hid them in the back of the drawer.

Others may have better informed opinions.

The MOST important opinion is yours. I respect that without reservation.

CED

Richard

If I had to choose between the C-J or the Flornoy Noblet, it would be the Noblet, without a moment's hesitation. (However, neither of these two would be my first choice for an everyday reading deck.)

greatdane

well LRichard what would you choose over the noblet?

I have the Camoin-Jodo and the Noblet, which deck in your opinion is a better one than either of these. I'm open to suggestion.

Wendywu

For me it would be the Noblet in a heartbeat. Great reading deck and an absolute joy in the hand :)

Richard

I have the Camoin-Jodo and the Noblet, which deck in your opinion is a better one than either of these. I'm open to suggestion.
It's really just a matter of taste. Personally, I'm very comfortable with the Grimaud, CBD, and ISIS. If I had to choose between the three, it would probably be the Grimaud. It's sort of the standard French tarot, just as Rider-Waite is something of a standard deck in English speaking countries.

gregory

Between those two - Noblet - no contest.

Alta

Between those two, the Noblet. Like LRichard, I prefer the ISIS and CBD though.

Gulliver

The CBD is sooo wonderful, I highly recommend it.