Pictorial Key to the Tarot--"misprints"

Abrac

I've just noticed that the electronic version at Sacred Texts is missing reversed meanings for the Two of Cups. All the other cards seem to have reversals. Would anyone know if it's an oversight in the online versions or is it also in the printed versions???

Richard

I've just noticed that the electronic version at Sacred Texts is missing reversed meanings for the Two of Cups. All the other cards seem to have reversals. Would anyone know if it's an oversight in the online versions or is it also in the printed versions???
The reversed meaning is not mentioned in Part III §2, only in §4, in which the reversed meaning is Passion.

rwcarter

The 2 Cups is the only card that doesn't have reversed meanings in the main part of either the PKT or even the original Key to the Tarot. I have verified this with my own Pam B, a friend's Pam A and Holley Voley's Pam A.

Abrac

Appreciate both your replies. I do see it now, further down in the other section. :)

ravenest

Curious ... I have noticed a response missing from the 2 of cups thread here ... explained meanings just seem to drop away from this card ;)

Abrac

Here's an update of the two PKT documents I posted earlier.

Fixes:

1. For the minors: separated descriptions, upright meanings, and reversed meanings into individual paragraphs so they're easier to see.

2. Added reversed meaning for the Two of Cups in Part 3, Chapter 2. Since all the other minors in this section have reversed meanings, I figure this one should too. :)

3. Updated the two diagrams in the "Divination" section. The old ones were looking pretty rough.

4. General editing to improve appearance.

These documents are intended for electronic viewing. The pages are approx. 19" - 21" but vary in length. I did it that way so there would be fewer pages and so I could make cleaner page breaks. If you want to print, you'll have to edit the Word doc to match your paper.

Here are the new Dropbox links. I also updated the old links in my previous post here.

Pictorial Key to the Tarot.doc 1.71mb

Pictorial Key to the Tarot.pdf 2mb

Abrac

Okay I know I've read posts on this before but I can't find any of them now. In the PKT, Part 3 Section 4 "Some Additional Meanings of the Lesser Arcana," the 2-3-7-8-9-10 of Wands don't have reversed meanings. Rodney, or someone, was this also the case in the original publication or did it creep in later?

Mewwix

Hi, New here.

Hello. Erm. Im just wondering about whats the difference in Content between The Pictorial Key to the Tarot version that is free Online and the Actual Book. And There are many reprints of The Pictorial Key to the Tarot, which reprint is actually better?

Totally new to Tarot, hoping someone could give me an answer. >.< Thanks.

Barleywine

I was going through my copies to winnow down to a chosen few reliable...and found the sacred text versions online is almost the most valuable and likely without error.

Sacred text link:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/tarot/pkt/index.htm

Edition to edition,when I consult my printed copies, some grin-and-bear it misprints

"heel of Fortune" on page 108 of the 1973 Causeway Books edition

Some sad/sighs

Omission of the World Card description in the PKT reprint of 2009 U.S. Games Centennial Edition

Rather than gritting one's teeth, care to share your misprint find in your print version of the Pictorial Key to the Tarot text, originally by A.E. Waite, circa 1910?

It might assist those are searching or want to pick up a print edition...and find something lacking...

Cerulean

Very interesting! I have the paperback 1975 Weiser reprint (their first printing was in 1973), and page 108 does indeed say "heel of Fortune." The World card description seems to be intact in the three places it occurs: in summary, in full and in the brief divination meanings. I was looking for a push to re-read this; now you've given me one :)

Barleywine

Okay I know I've read posts on this before but I can't find any of them now. In the PKT, Part 3 Section 4 "Some Additional Meanings of the Lesser Arcana," the 2-3-7-8-9-10 of Wands don't have reversed meanings. Rodney, or someone, was this also the case in the original publication or did it creep in later?

It's the same in my 1975 Weiser edition.