Sabian Symbol Study Group: Aries degree 5 - #5

MCsea

Huredriel says - an aspect of the High Priest/ Hierophant -

Marina says - YES!! I agree :)

PS
I have to re-learn how to do those fancy quotes!

MCsea

MCsea said:
PS
I have to re-learn how to do those fancy quotes!

OMG - I think I worked it out!!

lets see

mooncat2

huredriel said:
Another thought ...... as an aspect of the High Priest/ Hierophant ....... a bridge between the material and spiritual planes.
Yes.....I agree, too...........or perhaps the High Priestess/Hierophant......Moon/Taurus.

This brought to mind the Wiccan ritual where the High Priestess raises her arms to the heavens...........the Drawing down of the Moon.

Seeing from a higher spiritual perspective.............recognising that life is more than the mundane.........that we're Souls and our Soul has a purpose, a vision for this lifetime. Connecting to Spirit.

5 is a number of change.............change of perspective, solving problems by seeing the situation from a more spiritual point of view. Marina drew this card for me in our exchange where my question was a relationship one and being able to view this from a karmic/life lesson point of view was very helpful.

I don't think its a purely masculine energy..........3 is integration and what is created from the feminine and masculine combined. There has to be both............the receptivity and the willingness to 'do' something with what is seen and known. To manifest it into an earthly reality.

Communication...........listening, hearing, seeing,interpreting........on an inner , intuitional level.

A lovely symbol...............my image attached and now I know why I felt I had to have the Moon on it...........thanks, huredriel. ;)

Attachments

• SoulCollage-The Listener.JPG
    SoulCollage-The Listener.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 588

tink27

Lovely picture mooncat2! Both you and purple_scorp have a way of visually capturing the symbols.

Most of what is written here is also my interpretation of this symbol. We are constantly coming in and going out of ourselves.....and once we make a deep impression in life, we push and thrust and lift ourselves out.

This is a person who has an interest in the outrside world, who looks and desires to become a part of all that life has to offer.

But if our emotions are not engaged in what we want, we are unable to create anything.

Between the eyes is a ganglionic nerve center, a nerve center that is the strongest than any other part of the body (even the ears). If I remember correctly the eyes in astrology represent the sun and the moon. The moon is at the back of the head, the sun at the front. These two centers are the two of the most important centers in the body, acting as the seat and the source of our consciousness and the whole chakra system. When we thrust ourselves out from the lowest point within, we project out to the highest point....our third eye. This sets into motion our ability to imagine through the root of the optic nerve. And this imaging center is located near the pituitary gland, which is about the size of a pea, that lies at the base of the brain only a short distance behind the 'root' of our nose (our intuition).

You do not see in your eyes so much as you see through them.

When our 'eye' is single focused, the forces of our body is raised up. The currents of life begin to move upward creating a triangular power of energy, swept up with the force of ascending wings.

tink

tink27

Just for interest.......the heart represents motion, the brain consciousness and our spleen matter. From the previous symbol, the cube (4) unfolds releasing vital energy, flowing up and through the heart, the circulation of the blood....consciousnesss energy then flows through the brain, the nervous system and our Power Line, our Spirit Line becomes triadic.

tink

mooncat2

But if our emotions are not engaged in what we want, we are unable to create anything.

Very true.................I also think the opposite applies. Too much emotion can have the same effect. :)

huredriel

Looking at your pic PS ...... the bowl brings to mind a thought of collecting or gathering ..... as if by collecting experiences on the physical plane ....... can then be lifted up to the higher spiritual planes by the wings? I love how the middle is white, surrounded by a darker colour ...... inherent purity within ...... the soul?

huredriel

Mooncat2 ...... here I see many things ...... love as represented by the dolphins ..... again a connection between feminine and ocean (as with Aries 1) ..... a need to listen from the shell ....... depths of the unconscious ..... listen to the wind ..... spiritual messages ..... and of love especially since she's wearing a white/pink dress.

purple_scorp

huredriel said:
Looking at your pic PS ...... the bowl brings to mind a thought of collecting or gathering ..... as if by collecting experiences on the physical plane ....... can then be lifted up to the higher spiritual planes by the wings? I love how the middle is white, surrounded by a darker colour ...... inherent purity within ...... the soul?
And when I look at the picture, I see something hard, concrete, tangible, pitted against something esoteric, fabled, myth-like.

I liked that the bowl was three dimensional, adding depth.

I can't help thinking of a love triangle. Perhaps the two lovers from the previous card are now tangled in a web and one needs to take flight with those wings!

with love
purple_scorp

huredriel

Don't know if this is of use to anyone, but last night before going to sleep I was musing on the word *fear* ...... well, some personal fears anyway ...... and just as I was drifting off I got the thought in my head of *open your heart and fly free* ...... and then PS's picture popped straight into my head. So perhaps something to do with this symbol? Embrace our fears and allow our higher self to soar?