Compendium of Constellations

lantana

Black and the Moon (who created the Oracle of Oddities) has another oracle deck, which looks like a sister to the Arcana of Astrology oracle.
https://blackandthemoon.com/products/early-bird-pre-order-compendium-of-constellations

It's for pre-order right now, going for an early bird price of 60 CAD/44 USD with 75 CAD/55 USD being the regular price. List of constellations and their keywords is here: https://blackandthemoon.com/blogs/news/compendium-of-constellations-keyword-list

Just wanted to share! I think I've enabled a person or two on the Arcana of Astrology before.

Belinda2

Thanks for sharing that is an interesting deck

Nemia

I just bought the Arcana of Astrology so I won't buy this deck... but it looks wonderful. what a pity the artist doesn't offer a pack only with the constellation cards for those who have already the Arcana of Astrology.

Personally, I prefer my cards without keywords, so in the end, I'm glad I have the keyword-less Arcana of Astrology. But it's a beautiful deck and a wonderful idea for an oracle. I use my Night Sky playing cards as constellation oracle but this deck is obviously much more beautiful...

I wish I could afford it and also the Ptolemaic Oracle.

lantana

I just bought the Arcana of Astrology so I won't buy this deck... but it looks wonderful. what a pity the artist doesn't offer a pack only with the constellation cards for those who have already the Arcana of Astrology.

Personally, I prefer my cards without keywords, so in the end, I'm glad I have the keyword-less Arcana of Astrology. But it's a beautiful deck and a wonderful idea for an oracle. I use my Night Sky playing cards as constellation oracle but this deck is obviously much more beautiful...

I wish I could afford it and also the Ptolemaic Oracle.

I totally didn't realize it also includes the Zodiac constellations as well. That does seem like a weird move, given that they make such an obvious pair.

Maybe one day they'll make a combination for the two decks so I can finally spring for them guilt free... But since I have the Cosmos deck I might still hold back!

Tea&Temperance

Thank you lantana - I have definitely been enabled.. :p
I also didn't notice that it had the zodiac cards in it, oh well. Guess I was more concerned that they would sell out quickly as Black and the Moon products seem to do...

Nemia

It is a gorgeous and unique deck. I love the colour choices, the proportions of each card are perfect. How I wish I had an unlimited tarot budget ;-)

I bought the Arcana of Astrology some weeks ago; had I know that this deck was in the works, I'd probably have waited for it, in spite of the keywords. To have all 88 modern constellations in one such beautiful deck - that's wonderful.

And the twelve Zodiac signs are part of the constellation catalogue, I understand the artist's concept is different here. It's the Arcana of Astronomy...

blackandthemoon

Thought I would chime in here, seeing as it is my deck :D. I am a champion lurker...

Nemia is on the money - different concepts and different decks.

Arcana of Astrology - for astrology work and/or oracle reading.

Compendium of Constellations - strictly an intuitive oracle I made because I love constellations and the stories. Not at all astrology based but since the zodiac are major fixtures of the modern constellations they had to be included.