Froud Faerie Oracle Decks - Both or Just One?

G6

Hey Folks!

I just got The Heart of Faerie Oracle and am really digging it. I am wondering if the people that own or owned both of these decks if you recommend it or if you wound up liking one over the other better?

Thanks for your input! 😊

G6

DownUnderNZer

I have both.

"Froud" is one of my FAVE oracles to read with if I want blunt, no mixed, to the point readings only I have not had to use them in a while. Years.

Both decks bring something different to the table and can actually be read together as one deck formed at the same time if so chosen. Some do it - I do not.

The first one I find is the best for addressing almost everything, but if you want to concentrate on relationships or matters of the heart then the second one is something to consider having which is the one you have just received by the looks of it.

"Fairies Oracle" is AAA +++++++++++++++++.

DND :)

meeka4monty

Both!

theFeeLion

I don't have Heart of Faerie but I do have the other and I love it :D

I agree with DownUnderNZer, they can be quite no-nonsense and used for pretty much anything.

I want to get Heart too, I think that's the next deck on my list :D I'd love to have a go at combining them to see how they read.

G6

I'm curious about combining them because there's another thread where some said they match perfectly and others said it depends which edition you have. I think Faerie Oracle has been printed more, so which one matches perfectly with HOF? Anyone have ISBN number?

🙏🏻

G6

DownUnderNZer

I just checked both decks and do not have the cover on one of them which I did not know and it is not like me. That has the IBN on it unfortunately. (It will be packed away somewhere there only I have no idea where). Both decks are the same size so no issues putting the decks together.

I think this is the IBN number for my "Fairies".

ISBN10 0743201116
ISBN13 9780743201117

I'm curious about combining them because there's another thread where some said they match perfectly and others said it depends which edition you have. I think Faerie Oracle has been printed more, so which one matches perfectly with HOF? Anyone have ISBN number?

🙏🏻

G6

banbha

Hey Folks!

I just got The Heart of Faerie Oracle and am really digging it. I am wondering if the people that own or owned both of these decks if you recommend it or if you wound up liking one over the other better?

Thanks for your input! ��

G6

As you might suspect already, I prefer the original Faerie Oracle and I have pretty strong opinions on it. I find it perfect and choose to even try to mix The Heart of Faerie with the F.O.

To me the Heart of Faerie feels like an afterthought when compared to the mighty Faerie Oracle. Now this does not make Heart of Faerie second rate! Oh no. The original is just so good it's tough to stand next to it in comparison, especially as far as readings go, in my experience.

I wish you had asked me before I sent it. :) I've the same ISBN of Faeries as DownUnderNZer. It's the hardcover book set, the book says: copyright 2000.

G6

As you might suspect already, I prefer the original Faerie Oracle and I have pretty strong opinions on it. I find it perfect and choose to even try to mix The Heart of Faerie with the F.O.

To me the Heart of Faerie feels like an afterthought when compared to the mighty Faerie Oracle. Now this does not make Heart of Faerie second rate! Oh no. The original is just so good it's tough to stand next to it in comparison, especially as far as readings go, in my experience.

I wish you had asked me before I sent it. :) I've the same ISBN of Faeries as DownUnderNZer. It's the hardcover book set, the book says: copyright 2000.

Do you feel that way because you worked with the original first, so you had more attachment to it than HOF? I thought I'd see if I liked one of them first before I thought about getting the other one. Why you don't want your other one either, lol? 😊

G6

I just checked both decks and do not have the cover on one of them which I did not know and it is not like me. That has the IBN on it unfortunately. (It will be packed away somewhere there only I have no idea where). Both decks are the same size so no issues putting the decks together.

I think this is the IBN number for my "Fairies".

ISBN10 0743201116
ISBN13 9780743201117

This is the same ISBN at bookdepository now. What is your HOF ISBN?

banbha

Do you feel that way because you worked with the original first, so you had more attachment to it than HOF? I thought I'd see if I liked one of them first before I thought about getting the other one. Why you don't want your other one either, lol? 😊

The original does have a special place for me. And when the 'sequel' came out I pre-ordered it only to be disappointed. It was not the sharp, hard, uncanny oracle that was Faeries.

Nobody gets my Faeries Oracle, lol! :p

One important difference may be that Wendy Froud wrote Heart of Faerie and Jessica MacBeth wrote The Faeries Oracle.