The Earthbound Oracle

DaughterOfDanu

My first impulse buy of 2017 (Gee that was quick!). I wasn't able to find a thread for this deck, but if there is one around please do link me to it.

I've seen a few people mention how much they like this deck and I'm curious if you still are enjoying it. What other tarot/lenormand decks do you pair it up with? (Other than the artists Wooden Tarot and Seeker's lenormand) Do you mainly use it for one card draws or for bigger spreads? Any advice for a newbie to the Earthbound Oracle?

AnemoneRosie

I love this deck!
I don't pair it with anything though (I don't pair any decks, really). I use it a lot, and I find it so wonderfully intuitive. I question some of the art, however; I've made a thread about that in the past.

JadePixie

I do one to three card draws depending on what I want to know, usually asking about the energy of the day/week or what energy I need to embody :)

celticnoodle

haven't heard of this deck, so googled it for the images and found the creators website. I do like this. I swore to myself I wouldn't buy ANY MORE DECKS, (except the new Lennie due out soon by Anna K), but this one is calling to me.....

and meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what others also have to say about it. I love that the artwork is very simple though there are a few cards that I have no idea what they are! One looks to me like the Darth Vader mask and then the one next to it as another mask worn by the warriors in Star Wars. *shrugs*. But, I'll keep this one in my "possible buys" anyway.

Does it come with a LWB as well? I imagine it does, so the creator can explain the pictures and the meanings he/she gives to them. But, the one thing I like much about it is that being so simply drawn, it allows the reader to apply their own meaning to it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

AnemoneRosie

There is no LWB. That's part of what I like about it! It's so intuitive because it has to be.
Also, I like that it's smaller. It's great for throwing in my bag before a picnic, when I'm already carrying far too much.

DaughterOfDanu

No LWB sounds terrifyingly exciting :p I don't think I've ever had a deck like that. The closest would be the Oracle of Visions but even that had a companion book I believe. Sounds like I'm in for some fun working with this deck! Sometimes I need a good challenge to shake up my routine as a reader.

DaughterOfDanu

So I just got this deck in today and I do really enjoy it. The artwork is incredible and makes me wish the Wooden Tarot was more up my alley as a reader (I love the look of pip cards but don't read as well with them sadly!)

I did notice two things...
The first is that on the back of the box there's a typo "thate" instead of "that" which is no big deal though I hope the creator is aware of it.

And the second I'm positive he's aware given that what I thought was an extra freebie "Permanence" card (the salmon) is actually "Perseverance" and more likely than not was included in my package since the salmon card within the shrinkwrapped deck is titled "Permanence", the same as the ink bottle and quill card.

Just curious if it's the same with older copies of this deck :)

AnemoneRosie

And the second I'm positive he's aware given that what I thought was an extra freebie "Permanence" card (the salmon) is actually "Perseverance" and more likely than not was included in my package since the salmon card within the shrinkwrapped deck is titled "Permanence", the same as the ink bottle and quill card.

I have one salmon named "perseverance" and I have one quill & ink bottle named "permanence." So, no, it's not the same as older copies.

Have you figured out what they symbol on "toxic" is, yet? It looks similar to the alchemical symbol for arsenic, but isn't.

DaughterOfDanu

I have one salmon named "perseverance" and I have one quill & ink bottle named "permanence." So, no, it's not the same as older copies.

Have you figured out what they symbol on "toxic" is, yet? It looks similar to the alchemical symbol for arsenic, but isn't.

I saw the discussion on that card in another thread, but that's the closest association I've seen. I'll need to work with the cards more but perhaps the closed/open triangles being interlocked represent balance? How some herbs can be toxic in one amount and curative in another? There are also some plants that only a portion of the plant is safe while the rest is toxic and vice versa. The triangles interlocked can show they share a relationship or are one thing, but with each end being symbolic of the difference. This is reaching but just something off the top of my head.

JadePixie

So I just got this deck in today and I do really enjoy it. The artwork is incredible and makes me wish the Wooden Tarot was more up my alley as a reader (I love the look of pip cards but don't read as well with them sadly!)

I did notice two things...
The first is that on the back of the box there's a typo "thate" instead of "that" which is no big deal though I hope the creator is aware of it.

Send him a message on etsy, my deck had the same error, still waiting on a replacement card.