Cleansing Fountain of Feelings

Ocean Bliss

Okay this is quite a complex spread so it will probably take up some time. It's a spread for helping you to accept how you feel and to help sort out your feelings so you can let them go. This can be quite important if you are feeling very down and depressed and it can also be useful if you just wish to clear your head and look at things more objectively.

There are a couple of things I will point out about using this spread. First you need to be honest with yourself, second it can be very large and finally I cannot emphasise enough how important it is to cleanse yourself after this reading as it can be very draining. Oh and in the case of readings touching on sensitive issues, a box of tissues might be handy.

Okay so here's how it works.

Step 1: Lay out for cards in a row. This is the base of the fountain and the mechanism that makes it go. In terms of reading it can represent the issue or issues that are stirring your emotions.

Step 2: After reading these four cards, note down how you feel. This can be any physical sensations and/or emotional reactions you experience. Did you laugh, cry, feel angry, feel sick? If you feel a lot of things note down the top five most powerful feelings that you felt, it is best to clear those first.

Step 3: Shuffle your deck again and then lay three cards in upwards and outwards leaning columns for each emotion. The centre column remains upright. (Although no more than five is recommended. If you are feeling a hell of a lot of pain it might be lessened if you talk to someone first. Besides sometimes this spread can reveal hidden feelings as well, more on that later.)

Generally the spread should look something like this.

**16***10***7***13***19*
***15***9***6**12***18**
****14***8**5*11***17***
*******1**2**3**4*******

The centre column of course is the most powerful emotion. The others are still powerful emotions they are just not as powerful as the central one.

Step 4: Read the columns and rows. The lowest part of the columns suggests why you feel this way about the issue or issues. The middle part represents the impact it has on your life. The top part shows ways in which you can release these emotions and how you can resolve the issues causing them.
Thus the first row above the base shows why the issue affects you this way as a whole, the second is the impact of the emotions as a whole and the third is releasing the problem as a whole.

Step 5: Once you've done all the reading, cleanse yourself and your deck afterwards. I would imagine you'd be feeling pretty drained after this. (I certainly was, I was yawning for goodness sake)

It is probably best to do this reading when you've got a lot of time and space so you can at least rest yourself afterwards.

Complicated I know but tell me what you think.

moderndayruth

Hey Ocean Bliss :) Thanks for sharing the spread. Firstly, it's beautiful, when the cards are arranged in positions as you pointed - it looks like some exotic flower. I think it's deep and creative spread, i wouldn't advice it to someone who is new to Tarot and i think one needs to have quite an intuitive take with it.
It could be 'draining' - if the question itself is complex, i tackled something deeply burried - but i am really glad with the results - no need for tissues here ;)
It doesn't seem that complicated to me, but than i am used to readings with 12+ cards (don't flame me, i like those neverhteless many here are sort of against them ;)).
(To make it even more' complicated' as i did the reading with RWS, i drew one Mlle Lenormand card for each position :D)
Great spread, again - thanks for sharing :heart:

Zelmira

Lovely spread. I already copied it in my journal and I will try it as soon as I have a chance. Thanks. Peace.
Zelmira