Book of Law Study Group 1.27

Always Wondering

Yes, there is action and tension in bending. I think part of my brain thinks that NOthing is passive.

Similia said:
*starts picking daisies and singing*
"She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not, she loves me"

:laugh:

I suppose this has to do more with my ever differing understanding of love. Indeed, my brain seems very, very, tiny lately. :laugh:

AW

ravenest

I have no trouble with the bending down aspect. Probably my other background as a pagan / wiccan goddess 'worshipper'.

It's not all one sided, I get bored very quickly (worshiping or not) unless there is some type of reciprocal 'reaching towards.

In my personal take; Nuit is the highest aspect of the energy ... all th way to woman, via various pathways, forms and manifestations.

perhaps ?
Nuit = Isis = Venus = Gaia= Everywoman

If the 'grace' of Nuit can manifest through other levels like Venus or Gaia then Nuit can bend down and come to earth ... not hurting the little flowers.

I can also see it like a garden ... we are the little flowers.

The old religons had a bit of a harsh gardener ... pulling out all sorts of usufull things and adversely suppressing others.

Now we have a new 'gardener' with a different method and approach.

[Just some musings.]

Always Wondering

Thank-you ravenest. This has been helpful to think of descending and descendants.
My struggle was that I was still thinking with bending or descending there was a loss of energy. And then there could not be 0=2.

Old ideas die hard, you know. :laugh:

AW

Beira

This verse is as involving and transporting as the last one.. I am taken away..
I see clearly the ritual of the Hexagram with Nuit eescending in forms understandable by our tiny brains, and Hadit/Priest elevating for Union.
Eshelmann connects the verse with Liber XV.. I have no touched it yet, as I have not touched any of the initiatory rituals for the OTO degrees (should i? When? Pls help.. Crowley wrote so much.. by now I am well halfway through studying magic without tears, as Aeon adviced me, plus I am using the commentaries of the BoL. Previously I have attacked the Book of Thoth twice, 2nd time morre successfully thanks to Duquette book).
I understand some of the connections with the Gnostic Mass tho, as I have found some podcasts (Speech in the Silence) of Duquette explaining the Gnostic Mass in his usual clear way, and that helped a lot.
The supreme sacredness of the Priestess as (temporary) incarnation of Nuit, and the steps the Priest takes to reach to her.