The Tarot of Vampyres - Prince of Skulls

WolfyJames

This Prince is air of earth and I think the butterfly to the right of the vampyre represents this. This vampyre, like his sister, wears earthly colors and a pendant with a skull. The first time I looked at him I was sure he was on a boat, but now that I look carefully, I think he's holding a piece of the fences surrounding the garden of the mansion. Such an adorned fence wouldn't suit a farm. So I'm guessing he has left home to hunt for the night and he smells the air, closes his eyes a bit, feels one with the moon and the night. It is such a beautiful night!!!

The Tarot of Vampyres is inspired by the Thoth Tarot so this card is the Prince of Disks in the Thoth Tarot and the Knight of Pentacles in the RWS.

Attachments

• coins12200.jpg
    coins12200.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,394

MaineGirl117

I drew this card for a spread I did in a reading circle, and had some very interesting thoughts about it.

For one, the air/earth element of this Prince has got the notion in my head of a traveling apprentice to the Pope/Hierophant card. The reason I think of this is because the Hierophant connects the Above with the Below - such is the implications of the earth/air element of this card. This Knight is able to take ideas from the air and apply them to worldly endeavors, and most often is in service to some larger group (at least in this stream of thought :) )

Here is the other tidbit of information that I wrote up on this card:

I find it REALLY interesting that the butterfly/moth in this card is located at the back of the skull. This is the location of the hypothalmus/pituitary glands that secrete hormones. It is also hypothesized that the mammalian brain rests on top of the remnants of the ancient reptilian brain, which is the root of our instictual "body". With the Moon again rising in this card (our instinctive/intuitive mind), and behind the head of the Prince, I can't help but think that you need to trust your instincts

((sorry for the double post Mods, the screen froze up on me!))

Hemera

has left home to hunt for the night and he smells the air, closes his eyes a bit, feels one with the moon and the night. It is such a beautiful night!!!.
Oh, I love this whole WolfyJames´description of this card. This smelling of the night air made me think of the moth and its pheromones. How moths leave a scented trail of allure behind and how just a few scent molecules are enough for the them to find each other..How romantic!

I find it REALLY interesting that the butterfly/moth in this card is located at the back of the skull. This is the location of the hypothalmus/pituitary glands that secrete hormones. It is also hypothesized that the mammalian brain rests on top of the remnants of the ancient reptilian brain, which is the root of our instictual "body". With the Moon again rising in this card (our instinctive/intuitive mind), and behind the head of the Prince, I can't help but think that you need to trust your instincts
Yes, so true! This card is so much about instinct and intuition.
What I have also written down for Moth is: Determination (bumping against the window/ coming too near the flames over and over again etc) Disguise (blending in when needed, vanishing into the night) and naturally Transformation and Metamorphosis.