VWH "Just the Facts" spread

augursWell

Wisp Wings said:
I think often I tend to have a more positive spin on the Heirophant (as helpful to the peasants in the middle-ages).

Wisp Wings... having just put on those studious spectacles, while gathering pen and paper from her treach coat, rain dripping from the rim of her hat, says "Just the facts please, just the facts."

LOL
I didn't mean to sound negative about the Hierophant. I'm not Catholic but, taking card V as the Pope, I can very much connect with the concept of a spritual leader who must function in the real world, which often means relying on dogma to influence...

There I go sounding negative again. :(
I really don't mean to.

I did watch Dragnet growing up, source of "Just the facts, Ma'am" :)

TheLovers2

augursWell:

What method do you use to determine "when," in your spread? In other words, what method do you use to assign a "timeframe?"

I'm always curious to know about the different ways to do this.

Thanks. Good spread. I intend to use it tomorrow.

TL2

augursWell

Re: indicating time.

TheLovers2 said:
What method do you use to determine "when," in your spread? In other words, what method do you use to assign a "timeframe?"

I'm always curious to know about the different ways to do this.
I really don't have a way to do this myself except by what the card in that position "says" to me. I'm also interested in how various readers use cards to indicate time. Those that I've seen always seem to be very specific to the tarot reader so I've never adopted any myself. That's a good topic for another thread if there aren't a few of those around here already. :)

I'm personally very interested in getting "exact" information from Tarot, as much as that is possible.

maria42airam

I don't think the "when" necessarily has to be a number. I once pulled the Hierophant for the "when" position. I took it to mean during an event having to do with the transfer of knowledge or a religious event.

Maria

TheLovers2

maria42airam said:
I don't think the "when" necessarily has to be a number. I once pulled the Hierophant for the "when" position. I took it to mean during an event having to do with the transfer of knowledge or a religious event.

Maria

Hmmm. Well, someone pulled the World card as a timeframe and I didn't know the Major Arcana designation for timeframes. I had given Minor designations, however. What do you suppose the World card would mean in terms of timing? :)

TL2

maria42airam

As everyone always says, a lot will depend on the cards around it and the question asked. JB (www.learntarot.com) compares The World to Thanksgiving or accepting the Nobel prize. It could be a time when everything comes together for you, the culmination of a long project, a graduation, a gathering you've been looking forward to. For a little kid it could something as simple as going to the circus (The World always reminds me of the circus for some odd reason.)

Maria

augursWell

TheLovers2 said:
Hmmm. Well, someone pulled the World card as a timeframe and I didn't know the Major Arcana designation for timeframes. I had given Minor designations, however. What do you suppose the World card would mean in terms of timing? :)
The World, as last numbered card of the Major Arcana, always implies completion and balance to me. I would echo maria42airam and say that it would be some important life event when considering a "time", usually not a negative event, that would be suggested by the rest of the cards in the spread. I also relate the card to the Hebrew letter Shin which may have some time related meanings but I don't know that.

At some point though I would like to have a more exact method of indicating time, as well as place. I just haven't gotten around to really researching a good one. Perhaps someone could start a thread on the topic. (Hint number two, TheLovers2) ;)

TripleN

wow

Cool thanks, this spread has already helped me on the 1st try! Thanks a bunch angursWell!

TheLovers2

augursWell - Go for it. :)

augursWell said:
The World, as last numbered card of the Major Arcana, always implies completion and balance to me. I would echo maria42airam and say that it would be some important life event when considering a "time", usually not a negative event, that would be suggested by the rest of the cards in the spread. I also relate the card to the Hebrew letter Shin which may have some time related meanings but I don't know that.

At some point though I would like to have a more exact method of indicating time, as well as place. I just haven't gotten around to really researching a good one. Perhaps someone could start a thread on the topic. (Hint number two, TheLovers2) ;)
augursWell:

Ahhh. But, I think you should. Now, tell me -- why haven't you done this? You'd get so much out of it I'm sure and then I could stop by for a visit now and then and reap the benefits. ;) :D

TL2 :TLOVE

michmm

hmmm interresting spread.
thanks
will try it out soon!
love n hugs
mich