Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

retrokat 

As I've mentioned before, for copyright reasons I'm not really too keen on other people posting scans, for copyright reasons. But there's a version of the new version (along with all of the Kunati version of the deck) at:

http://78friends.com/Three_of_Swords
Top   #951
Citizen

Le Fanu 

I have just received my Touchstone deck from amazon uk and it is truly beautiful. However...

Three of the cards have a weird crease in the middle of the card (well, about a third of the way down from the top and in the middle of the image). What comes to mind is that as the cards were being selected, the person grabbed them rather hamfistedly and caused a cracking of the middle of the card. All the damage is in exactly the same part of the card; 5 of Swords, 4 of Cups and The Fool. It is really very noticable and can only have happened at manufacturing stage as the cards arrived sealed.

As with Quantum, the Kunati packaging is exemplary. I look forward to bonding properly with it over the weekend.

Oh and - yes- dishy Knight of Swords
Top   #952
Citizen

retrokat 

I'm sure Kunati would be happy to replace your damaged cards - drop them a line.

I guess the quality control isn't quite as high in China as with European-produced decks, but at least it makes the deck a lot cheaper.

I get similar requests about Golden Tarot (also printed in China), and US Games replace damaged cards as well.
Top   #953
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrokat
I'm sure Kunati would be happy to replace your damaged cards - drop them a line
Will do. Funny that "Made in China" is so often synonymous with questionable quality, but it really isnt the case here. The Golden was also of the same quality. Funny how two decks from different publishing houses can feel quite similar; The Golden and Touchstone feel as if they came from the same publishers...

ETA; wrote to them. Told them also what an excellent job they had done of the production (Quantum likewise) and that I hope they continue to work in the tarot publishing field!

I love that portrait in the 5 of Wands. Havenīt checked the book but it looks like Pontormo...
Top   #954
Citizen

retrokat 

Different publishers, but could be from the same printers perhaps? Neither US Games nor Kunati would have their own printing facilities so they could well use the same company to print the decks. As you've noticed, there are many similarities
Top   #955
Citizen

Asher 
Talking Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrokat
I'm sure Kunati would be happy to replace your damaged cards - drop them a line.
The same thing happened to me...one card had the same kind of crease you describe. After 2 emails (and a month of waiting), I received a new deck and all the cards are perfect! Kunati is concerned about customer satisfaction and will make it right. Great company!

Asher
Top   #956
Citizen

retrokat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher
After 2 emails (and a month of waiting), I received a new deck and all the cards are perfect! Kunati is concerned about customer satisfaction and will make it right. Great company!Asher
Totally agree - they've been excellent. At first Kunati couldn't get hold of replacement copies themselves very easily. It's not meant to be out until May remember, so the distributors weren't expecting to be dealing with it yet - but Amazon got their stocks first and so it was on sale before any of us were ready to go.

Kunati just told me that so far only six decks have been replaced, which I think is a very low rate of damaged copies, considering the complexity of production with the gilt edges, and the fact that it's being printed in China to keep the cost down.
Top   #957
Citizen

la-luna 
Talking hoeraaaaah

Just had to post my Kunaty version of the Touchstone arrived today - and I love it!!
Yes i do use the term "version" because it feels so different from the other edition, from cardstock over lamination to the hues,colors and brightness (and lets not forget the many many little changes/ tweaking)
Top   #958
Citizen

RubyV 

I have just spoke with Kunati who refuse to replace my damaged cards. They have told me that since they were purchased through Amazon, I must go directly through them. I am surprised, since it has been my experience that most distributers/ublishers are happy to make replacements directly.
Top   #959
Citizen

Le Fanu 

I received my Touchstone and it had - as I posted above - three creased cards. Also, within 24 hours of removing it from the box it had warped in all conceivable directions, something Ive never had before. I have written three emails to Kunati (and saying also how pleased I also was with the Quantum and I wish them every success with future tarot production etc etc), but they havenīt replied to any of them. I didnīt mention the warping, just the faulty cards.

Ruby Vīs post above explains the situation I think. If they expect amazon to take responsibility it would be a bit odd as amazon have no way of supplying extra cards. The extra cards have to come from Kunati.

Im not pleased. The cardstock is totally different from the Quantum (which hasnīt warped). Not good. Doesnīt bode well for future products.

I thought Id compliment them on their product as theyīre new to tarot publishing from what I gather. But I think I was perhaps a bit rash,
Top   #960

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.