1JJ for "best ever" deck

la-luna

Debra said:
Marseille tarots never win the Aeclectic voting for "best of all time." We're supposed to list a particular version or publisher and perhaps because there are so many, it just never works out.

I am campaigning (agitating) for any and all Marseille fans to vote for the 1JJ Swiss as "best of all time."

Why the 1JJ Swiss? It's probably the most familiar to people around the world, it's been in print forever, it's cheap to buy new and even cheaper used, and we gotta start somewhere.

Also, I like it :laugh:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/1jj-swiss/

o dear - I'd love a TdM to be high high HIGH up in the rankings but the 1JJ is not really my favorite one (I don't even own it and i own lots of decks...)
so not entirely jumping on the bandwagon, sorry

Aerin

nisaba said:
<smile> Mine has lovely sky-blue backs with the words "Mind Body Spirit" on them in white circles.

I've got one of those too. Also an (oldish, not very, 1970s, Waddingtons I think) one with a bizzare cookbook of meanings from US Games.

It isn't my favourite Marseilles deck but I have a fondness for it because of the TV series.

ps so now I need a Grimaud too??? ETA but the Page of Cups looks like he has eaten a prune http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/grimaud-marseilles/

gregory

I rather feel it deserves its place because if Stuart Kaplan hadn't come across it and decided to republish it, we would probably none of us be where we are today (as in here, and with so many decks to vote for.)

Debra

gregory said:
I rather feel it deserves its place because if Stuart Kaplan hadn't come across it and decided to republish it, we would probably none of us be where we are today (as in here, and with so many decks to vote for.)

Yes. Excellent reason in and of itself.

Friends, fellow tarot lovers: Perhaps the 1JJ isn't exactly your most favorite, but we've got to start somewhere! Let's start with this, the widely-recognized, inexpensive, charming-in-its-own-way 1JJ Swiss. NEXT year it could be the Noblet or the Grimaud or the Dodal...we'lll have a whole year to choose our candidate and plan our glorious takeover of the "Favorite of All Time" voting!

Debra

Well check ye for a pm, then :laugh:

gregory

firefrost said:
I'm open to bribes...and I have a vote to use })
I will BREED for you.... Just ask :D

*viewers, this is not quite the offer it might appear to be :D*

cardlady22

Yes, gregory- we know about your Dragon hobby!

firefrost

Debra said:
Well check ye for a pm, then :laugh:

Cor! Worra brill bribe! I'm off to bed a happy bunny!!

P.S. I'm on the lookout for the guy now... :laugh: })

Chronata

damn. I already threw my vote away.
Otherwise I totally would have gone in for the IJJ

It has history, it has depth, and it just screams "Tarot" ...both in the everyone used this deck in the 70's, but also in an occulty, forbidden back alley bookstore kind of way too.

You are definitely making a very good argument here.