1973 James Bond Tarot Deck vs. 2013 Prop Replica

Aeric

I'm interested in buying the 2013 Prop Replica of Solitaire's red cards in the metal case, but copies of the 1973 blue deck in the yellow 007 box are still on the market. Can anyone who has them comment on the differences in quality?

Keep in mind I'm not seeking the "Tarot of the Witches" in any form, only the "James Bond" editions with 007 backs.

We don't see Pip Minors used during the film. Are the 1973 blue cards of any worthwhile quality? Tarot of the Witches users might comment. I notice that the font used on the blue cards does not match those from the film; the text in the red cards is overly large and touches the borders, film accurate, while the blue's is cleaner and fits in the white space.

Advertisements say the 2013 red only has 22 cards, but I can't find complete photos or lists online. Are they Majors only? Court cards? In the film, we see Solitaire use a mix of both. A complete list of the 22 would be very helpful. Some adverts say there are 25, which is confusing which cards are extras or duplicates.

danieljuk

have a read through this old thread about them here and here Aeric :)

the gold original deck is 78 cards but can be pricey these days. it's not mentioned how many cards the blue replica version has though annoyingly.

Luna-Ocean

I found some info on this blog i use to have this deck in my old collection before it was sold, i like this deck but would of preferred to see all the minors done like the original illustrations like the ( 6 of swords and 6 of wands shown in 007 film but these were later left out? In the Solitaires collectors item there are 29 cards with about three duplicates of the Lovers, and what you can see in the blog images, also there are three court cards the Queen of Cups, the Knight of Swords and the Knight of Wands, but you wont see the two original prop cards that are mentioned above.

http://www.collectorsquest.com/blog...aires-tarot-cards-from-factory-entertainment/

Luna-Ocean

delete