1JJ Swiss

gregory

My (French) set was "put out" by Kaplan but printed in Switzerland by Muller - they seem to shuffle OK - but as I've not used them in a while, they could likely use some fanning powder.

I think that is the same one that Somerville lists; his says Muller.

snowy_owl

My first deck

I have this deck. In fact, it was the first tarot deck I ever purchased.....perhaps back in college. The copyright on the LWB says 1969 US Games but it was created in Switzerland by Muller. I had a look-see at the Devil card since I haven't looked at this deck in years and find myself agreeing with Lee Bursten's assessment concerning the color choice. Very off-putting.

I think I will put this back in its cubby and regard it as part of my youth.

drifty

snowy_owl said:
I have this deck. In fact, it was the first tarot deck I ever purchased.....perhaps back in college. The copyright on the LWB says 1969 US Games but it was created in Switzerland by Muller. I had a look-see at the Devil card since I haven't looked at this deck in years and find myself agreeing with Lee Bursten's assessment concerning the color choice. Very off-putting.

I think I will put this back in its cubby and regard it as part of my youth.

Ooo...no! Not so fast. This was my first deck too; a gift from a skilled reader. It so wants to talk to me, but I've never been able to grasp what it has to say. Jupiter flips up no matter how much I shuffle. I sometimes think it's by chance so I'll shuffle extra hard...then there he is, bored and languid, showing his beautiful self as if to say "nice try sister", learn to talk to me...I want to talk to you.

I'm delighted by it, but because I'm fairly novice the Marseilles system is still something I'm getting used to. I've done a hell of a lot of Jupiter research though; my conclusion is, I love him and I think he knows it.

Heavens...don't put that IJJ in the closet, it's simply delightful.

snowy_owl

Okay--you convinced me

I too had trouble reading with this deck (which is why I probably abandoned tarot after my original attempt so many years ago). There wasn't such a wonderful community as AT to support my feeble efforts.

I still am a rank beginner......so I will stick with the Waite-Smith iconography and clones for a while. I have hopes of branching out into more intuitive readings and to Marseille system.

We shall see.

Snowy Owl

Moonbow

I'm using this at the moment too, its a great deck to read with although it took me a while to get used to it.

I tend to read Jupiter and Junon in a similar way to Le Pape and La Papesse. That is that I read them as a kind of spiritual version of the earthly L'Empereur and L'Imperatris. It works for me.

Myrrha

I still really like this deck. One card I have some trouble with is Jupiter, he looks so depressed or maybe just tired. I usually see it as similar to the Pope, knowing what rules or the "right thing to do" but perhaps not being very enthusiastic about it. I'd be interested to know what others make of his expression and posture.

Was this deck designed for divination rather than for playing games? I wonder because some of the details on the pips are so helpful and seem to go beyond the merely decorative.

--Myrrha

Abrac

Jupiter does look a tad bored. He reminds me of Rodin's, The Thinker.

-fof