The World as personality?

Gram

(Not sure if his is he right place to ask, this was part of a reading)

This is suppose to be a good card, right? I don't 'feel' it though & having trouble trying to get what it could mean as part of someone's personality (mine)...i don't think I like the wreath very much & her overall expression....seems so strange.. Can anyone help with this?

celticnoodle

Perhaps it is saying you are a very worldly person. Someone who isvery comfortable in their life, taking what comes without much worry as you appreciate all you have. Someone who has the ability to get along with everyone around them.

A wise person. Someone who can be depended upon, who is very knowledgable & trust worthy too.

Gram

Perhaps it is saying you are a very worldly person. Someone who isvery comfortable in their life, taking what comes without much worry as you appreciate all you have. Someone who has the ability to get along with everyone around them.

A wise person. Someone who can be depended upon, who is very knowledgable & trust worthy too.

(I had to think over that)

thanks 4 ur thoughts

As I would've never gotten this

celticnoodle

(I had to think over that)

thanks 4 ur thoughts

As I would've never gotten this

Well, we know that the world card is indicating coming full circle. She is someone who has completed all that she needed to do--she is a card of success, right? As also a sign of new beginnings. I see it as a sign for a new start in life that you have planned for and worked towards for a long time. It often comes up for me when someone has completed something that they've been working towards for a long time and now the payments of such work is coming in for them. Such as for a college graduate who has just received the offer of a great job in the field which they studied for. But, it has often come up for me in readings regarding travel.

I did a few readings over the years for my husband and each tiem I did so, it looked like either a promotion for him or extensive world travel and then sure enough, it came to be as one or the other. I have also done this for someone and turned over this card and I think it was the 3 of wands card and I read it as world travel, and definitely going across the ocean, most likely by ship. The person I read for later came back to tell me they were indeed going by ship from CA to Hawaii. :)

So, I see it a lot for traveling, but mostly for a successful ending leading to a new successful start in something. It really depends on the other cards around it too.

I can see this like the 'graduate' of the magician card even. The magician card uses the four suits of the minor arcana, (seen in the card w/him in the RW decks). The World card, if you look at it, it also shows four of the signs in the zodiac, but they can also relate to the four suits of the minor arcana. Only that in the World card, she is also surrounded by a laurel wreath. This wreath is symbolic of completion and success.

so, to me, as a description of someones personality, I'd see them as a well accomplished person who is worldly and comfortable in their skin. their place in life. Who has learned a lot through the course of their life, and so, they are wise. Also someone who enjoys what they have and the new experiences, (including meeting new people) that come their way. You see the joy in everything.

Hopefully, this helps you to understand how I got to where I did. :)

Gram

I understand it better..I felt like I had to look into this card some more & try to make as many connections personally first. Some other descriptions I got from Tarot School website (about tarot cards as birth cards) that I liked, paired it with the Empress card & said this
Clear mind & presence in the moment..share a sense of high purpose..spiritual elevation..active, expressive..personal & formal.
On a small scale I think I know what World feelings can be about now, but my take on accomplishment may not have seemed to be what it was at the time I had the feeling/s, but now I recognize it as being that! It's opposite to what I feel when I'm anxious & have nervous energy & still feel like I'm being thrown out there for everybody to see..Lately I've been coming full circle on some things, but it's still progress & developing. One thing for sure that resonated with the World card is desire to improve, making improvements & spirituality. If I don't admit these myself, I will be reminded by someone! And that's always a surprise bc it comes across as funny or like I'm being 'judged'.

But that the World as personality could be about learning from one's experiences (I know, generic..) & finding joy also resonates. Earlier on as a kid I had lots of distrust. Habits/ attitudes/outlook can take awhile to change but I think that's what gaining wisdom is about too. And it's not real if people think you were born that way, things still feel like a conscious effort. Accepting it feels ok so you're right too about feeling comfortable in one's own skin...I'm getting there not all the time, but it's better than before

Thanks for sharing !