Tarot Spin Rings

Cartomancer

This is a review of my impressions of dice rings by CritSuccess, who feature a Tarot ring that simulates the selection of a Tarot card with the simple spin of the ring. While this ring is spinning it looks like a spinning slot machine.

After cleaning the Tarot spin ring and working it in for a few hours by spinning it to grind down the channels as per instructions, I gave it a spin. My first pick was the Fool Reversed.
The Left band was "Major" in white letters against a black background, indicating that it was a reversed Major Arcana card. The number on the right was "0", which in many systems is the number for the "Fool" card. Critsuccess says this about the Tarot ring:

"Accurately simulates drawing a random Tarot card from a Tarot deck.

If the left band lands on "Major", you would look at the RIGHT band to see which of the Major Arcana cards you pulled. If the "Major" had a white background, the card was drawn right-side up, and if it had a black background, the card was drawn up-side down.

If the left band lands on one of the Tarot card suites (Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles), you would look at the MIDDLE band to see which Minor Arcana card was pulled. This same background rule applies to see if the Minor Arcana card was pulled right-side up or up-side down.

A = Ace, P = Page, Kn = Knight, Q = Queen, K = King"
It is also good to know is that the "T" in the middle band is the number ten.

Before use CritSuccess recommends:
1: Submerge your ring in a bowl of soapy water. (Use dish soap to avoid residue buildup on the surfaces of your ring.)
2. While the ring is submerged, grind the outer, numbered ring against the inner ring. (Apply a good amount of pressure and twist the spinning band(s) back and forth on any rough areas.)
3. Rinse your ring thoroughly with clean water. (All dice rings will continue to brink in and spin better over time. Wash them in soapy water again whenever they are getting stuck, or grit gets into them..
4. If your ring stops on a line, use the number above the line (marker)." - CritSuccess

This Tarot spin ring is good for selecting one card at a time or multiple cards by spinning the ring multiple times. There are black, blue, rainbow, and gold for a selection of rings for spread position indicators. Multiple fingers could be used for various spread positions, but beware of ring sizes. If a ring fits on one finger, it might not fit on other fingers, which may be bigger or smaller. Go to a ring store and get your fingers sized for wide rings. The rune ring is about 10 mm wide, but the Tarot ring is about 16 mm wide. I prefer the index finger or middle finger of my right hand as the finger for my Tarot ring, and I am right handed. Positioning it on the index finger allows one to use the thumb to spin it, which is quite fun and relaxing.

However, I prefer the rElderfuthark rune ring on my left hand. You may decide to move rings between fingers, so know your finger size options. Other role playing game dice rings such as the r20 (ring with 20 faces) and r24 (ring with 24 faces) offer opportunities for numerology readings at your fingertips. An alphabet ring offers reading possibilities as do other random number or random symbol generators that are available. This is a new twist on worry rings, but break the ring in before giving readings with it and test it by spinning it many times to make sure it is spinning freely.

-Cartomancer (Lance Carter)

prudence

Hi Lance,

do you have any images/photos of this ring? I would be very interested in seeing some. It sounds like a very interesting gadget for sure.

rif

That's really neat.

A guy at the office wears a d20 version. :D

Alta

ah, a picture makes all the difference. Thanks Cartomancer for bringing this up and Phineas for finding the image.

Briar Rose

would be nice to make it into a bracelet- if possible.

Gillyboo

Site security

It looks like a nifty deal, but I see no site security protocol for their site payment transaction. I emailed the company to see their response.

Zephyros

What is it made of? The price seems cheap for something as durable as what's being described.

BodhiSeed

What is it made of? The price seems cheap for something as durable as what's being described.

The site says:
"Our rings are made from the highest quality 316L stainless steel, a very strong and durable alloy that resists scratches, dents, and unorthodox abuse (troll punching). Like most other jewelry (even gold), it is an alloy. This type of steel contains 10-14% Nickel."