Which cards say narcissist?

Ruby Jewel

Since we are in an epidemic of narcissim....as in a "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" ... I am curious which cards you consider as implicating a narcissistic personality. I have encountered it as the Knight of Cups, and also the King of Cups, and I'm considering making it an aspect of the Chariot. Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

Lagudka

I'd say that VI Wands in a negative sense might refer to certain narcissistic traits, i.e. inflated sense of self importance and the need/want to be praised.

Since we are in an epidemic of narcissim....as in a "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" ... I am curious which cards you consider as implicating a narcissistic personality. I have encountered it as the Knight of Cups, and also the King of Cups, and I'm considering making it an aspect of the Chariot. Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

headincloud

Most strongly the king of cups rx but also the Knight of cups rx can be a narcissist or drug induced personality.

5S rx carries the most serious anti social personalities some of which may incorporate delusions of grandeur.

The magician rx could suggest narcissism because he's schizophrenic, as with Bi-polar - fool rx there's a strong element of narcissism.

Devil rx could hint at it and 9C rx comes to mind as a possibility.

The Moon rx also for mental illness and there are many more I'm sure.

violetdaisy

Honestly, I most think King/Wands Rx as narcissistic; but for upright cards I don't think any of them express that individually - Any of the courts paired with the Star or Judgment perhaps - with other more negative cards in the read.

Barleywine

I agree with the King and Knight of Cups since they can be self-indulgent and a bit weak-willed. I wouldn't limit it to reversed since I think its part of the fabric of their being, although reversal or "ill-dignity" can give it the upper hand. While he didn't use the term narcissistic, Aleister Crowley made it plain he thought they were vulnerable, with words like self-absorbed; easily flattered; sensual; idle; superficial; addiction-prone; opportunist; impressionable; lacking depth. I think, though, that it's a "quieter" form of narcissism; the narcissists I know tend to be boisterous and larger-than life; they're overflowing with exaggerated self-love and they don't care who knows it. Now it has a clinical diagnoses; previously we just called it being a "self-impressed ass."

Another one that comes to mind is the insufferably smug-looking man in some versions of the 9 of Cups. The Page of Cups also seems like a bit of a "poseur," putting on airs, but it may be the innocence of the actor more than a cynical flaunting of self-styled superiority.

Ruby Jewel

I'd say that VI Wands in a negative sense might refer to certain narcissistic traits, i.e. inflated sense of self importance and the need/want to be praised.

Yes, absolutely. That one was on my list, but I forgot to mention it. Thanks.

Maru

Chariot sometimes. He just blows by everyone of insignificance when ill-dignified

Ruby Jewel

Most strongly the king of cups rx but also the Knight of cups rx can be a narcissist or drug induced personality.

5S rx carries the most serious anti social personalities some of which may incorporate delusions of grandeur.

The magician rx could suggest narcissism because he's schizophrenic, as with Bi-polar - fool rx there's a strong element of narcissism.

Devil rx could hint at it and 9C rx comes to mind as a possibility.

The Moon rx also for mental illness and there are many more I'm sure.

I'm thinking of a "manipulative" personality as opposed to someone who has psychological problems or addictions. The Magician Rx fits absolutely. I see the Magician Rx as the Devil, so I think the Devil upright fits, but not necessarily Rx. Thanks for the thoughts.

Ruby Jewel

Honestly, I most think King/Wands Rx as narcissistic; but for upright cards I don't think any of them express that individually - Any of the courts paired with the Star or Judgment perhaps - with other more negative cards in the read.

Maybe Kn of cups in combination with the 6 Wands...

Ruby Jewel

I agree with the King and Knight of Cups since they can be self-indulgent and a bit weak-willed. I wouldn't limit it to reversed since I think its part of the fabric of their being, although reversal or "ill-dignity" can give it the upper hand. While he didn't use the term narcissistic, Aleister Crowley made it plain he thought they were vulnerable, with words like self-absorbed; easily flattered; sensual; idle; superficial; addiction-prone; opportunist; impressionable; lacking depth. I think, though, that it's a "quieter" form of narcissism; the narcissists I know tend to be boisterous and larger-than life; they're overflowing with exaggerated self-love and they don't care who knows it. Now it has a clinical diagnoses; previously we just called it being a "self-impressed ass."

Another one that comes to mind is the insufferably smug-looking man in some versions of the 9 of Cups. The Page of Cups also seems like a bit of a "poseur," putting on airs, but it may be the innocence of the actor more than a cynical flaunting of self-styled superiority.

Thank you Barleywine. As usual your assessments are quite erudite. A lot to think on here. Of course, I'm sure you are aware there are two forms of narcissistic: overt and covert. I'm going to check Crowley on this. I think I need to actually study Crowley much more than I have. I have his books and deck, but rarely use them.