Cards that could represent an empath?

TaureanWitch

I just would like to know what cards in the tarot do you believe could represent a person who is an empath

I think the High Priestess and the Queen of Cups are obvious first thoughts that come up

Are there any other cards that come to mind? Why?

Thanks!

headincloud

2C and Empress, and maybe the lovers too suggests an empathic connection.

Maru

The Moon actually reflects empathy quite a bit, especially if we become "lost" in someone elses personal world.

treestar

I just would like to know what cards in the tarot do you believe could represent a person who is an empath

I think the High Priestess and the Queen of Cups are obvious first thoughts that come up

Are there any other cards that come to mind? Why?

Thanks!

I'd second empress and 2 of cups; but 2 of cups being moreso for a mutually empathic connection...queen of cups dosn't have a good handle on her emotions so I would say she's a bit of the dark side of the empath. XD I've had her come up for empaths with 0 control over their gift and who hurt themselves in trying to handle their rapidly shifting emotions. Empress is an empath/healer who uses her gift for the greater good. Her gift is her strength. High priestess is a sensitive empath but a bit of a hermit where she is shielding herself from outside influence and just wants to be left alone to her thoughts and innerworkings; she has a good understanding of things and is growing into something greater.

Also want to throw in king of cups as well ;)

Barleywine

Empathy would seem to be Cups territory for the most part. If I could choose only one it would probably be the Queen of Cups, which covers the zodiacal decans of the 2 of Cups and 3 of Cups.

Metafizzypop

The Page of Cups also strikes me as being empathic, a shy, bashful child, who keeps to himself because he/she is always tormented by all the emotional vibes he picks up. The P of C has a sensitive nature.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say the 9 of Swords. The tormented woman in her bed might be picking up on anything. Maybe she's upset because she's picking up someone else's feelings. Maybe she is picking up someone else's pain.