Deck bent like a taco

MissChiff

My BBC deck has a bend like a taco and was curious as how to fix them,any ideas?
Scarlet

3ill.yazi

Beans and rice?

Just kidding. One trick that works for me, though not permanent, is to store the cards for long periods stacked with the cards alternating front to front, back to back. Your mileage may vary.

Padma

You can also split the deck into several small packets, and weigh them down with something very heavy for a fair longish time ( a few months). I have a weird problem with my third ed BB cats, they were mildly warped when I received them. And getting worse. Crappy cardstock!

Harmony Rose

Mine was bent too. I have just gone through the deck card by card rolling them up a couple of different ways that seem to flatten them out (0opposite the curl and longways), and after several sessions of this they have really responded well. I have read that this issue occurs when decks are printed and the ink is not given given adequate time to dry. Anyway, good luck and try to be patient about fixing the issue. It seems fixable.

Miss Divine

When I read the title of this thread, I was thinking.. ''Can't be worse than my BBC'' (third edition). So it made me lol when it actually was about that deck.

I purchased it warped, but it has only gotten worse. I had it in it's box unused laying flat, and recently took it out to use. I was quite surprised that the warping had worsened quite a bit while lying flat all this time. It really irritated me, so I laid them under a stack of books. It was a bit better, but within a few days, they were back to being just as warped as before.

Zephyros

A member here (think it was Laura Borealis) once suggested something that I tried and worked like a charm. Order the deck so that each card is placed alternately to and against the warp so that no two are facing the same direction, and then put a few heavy books on it for a few days. It works.

Samweiss

I have this problem with my RWS commemorative and I tried the method many have suggested in this thread, but unfortunately it wasn't a lasting solution. :(

The deck is made of really thick cardboard and that might be the cause for its stubborness. The cardstock is the only downside of otherwise excellent deck.

Grizabella

I riffle and what I do is I'll do a few shuffles with the card backs facing me and then a few with the card backs facing away from me. I always do this and alternate back and forth. None of my cards ever develop that bend. They all lie flat.

The ones that bend, I've found, are the ones that have been bridged. My daughter drives me nuts because she shuffles and then bridges the cards and it's so hard on the cards and they develop that bend. Thankfully, she's got her own decks and doesn't use mine.

Zephyros

Has anyone tried ironing their deck? What I did once with a document was to put it on the ironing board, put a very slightly damp towel on it (not even moist, mind you, barely damp) and ironed it. Worked like a charm. It didn't, of course, completely do away with the creases, but it was usable.

Although I have never done it with decks, it should theoretically work even better, since the cards aren't even creased.

Padma

I believe the problem is inherent in the BBC 3rd ed. Bad cardstock - thin and glossy, bends and warps. Mine arrived that way new, and gets worse with passing time, as Miss Divine noted.