Feeling really emotional during and after doing someone a reading ?

FoxofInari

This happens to me very often! At first it was startling but eventually I learned to take on the emotions of the client to know a bit more about what might be happening. The hardest one is always loss or heartbreak, sometimes I wonder why I do this... But it's always worth it for the feedback!

Tarot can be very draining though and so maybe learn some grounding/meditation techniques, if you don't do them already?

Bluebird

Hi Sharla,

I am Empathic and have had to look at some ways of blocking other people's energy after getting hit really badly on a number of occasions. Using white light is what I find most helpful - basically I ground myself first, by imaging roots growing from my feet into the ground and then I draw white light up through them into my feet and up through my whole body until it emerges from my head out into the universe and then I pull it back down through my body again. This helps me ground myself and block others energy. However, I have come across someone else (I'm afraid I can't credit them as I can't remember, so if someone sees this and recognises it they might just add the reference) but essentially their advice was rather than blocking it was to allow it to pass through. They recommended saying something like the following (while imaging a hole where your heart chakra is) -

"What's mine is mine, what's yours is yours, what comes from you just passes through" .

Others also work by imaging themselves shielded in a bubble of white light.

I hope this helps,

BB :)

BTW - I usually find that if I address the feeling directly, stating that it is not mine - it usually goes away.

Ace

I actually feel back to normal now, so its took about an hr for this to happen.

Thanks for your suggestion, i've just tried it out to see .....and i don't like it, i found it quite hard to do this, and all i could seem to draw on the blackboard was a tree and a house :confused:

I totally get your point though by it, i think if this ever happens again, then a small meditation might be better for me to do.

Don't worry about the picture, just work on clearing out after a reading. I use Norton Anti-viral for brains, but most people don't SEE the AV software working so I invented the blackboard image. What ever works for you, just clear out what you have just read and you will feel better.

barb