Spreads #4: New Year&#39s FIELD TEST! (aka: Calendar Spread)

Thirteen

Spreads #4: New Year&#39 FIELD TEST! (aka: Calendar Spread)

January, you did a TERRIFIC reading! Really stellar! Great insights, good connections. I'm very impressed.

The only thing I can add is a few connecitons. In a year spread, you need to also look at the cards one to the next--as possible developments of an ongoing situation.

March - 3 of Wands: This card always confuses me but perhaps it means that it will be a month of waiting for some rewards of past efforts to come to fruition?

Combined with April's 10 of cups, I think the rewards you get from your efforts in March will allow you to relax and have a wonderful time with your family in April. Perhaps that *is* the reward: a spring vacation where you'll get to spend quality time with those you love?

May - 5 of Wands: Competition. With the 3 of Cups the competition should be friendly or I could be arguing/disagreeing with friends. This is also the end on the spring semester (I'm in Grad school).

As it's the end of the spring semester, I'd definately read this as papers and tests and whatever else you need to do, in competition with others, to succeed in grad school.

June - 5 of Pentacles: On no! Out in the cold!!

Not necessarily--take a look at what comes after. I read this as follows: Grad school's over, now you can focus on that September trip you've been planning--but, wait! You need more money to finance it! So this month, you're going to have to do without and water the soup. No buying those new shoes.

July - Knight of Pentacles: Back on my feet again! This is a time to gather my resources and begin with a steady and practical approach. I may need to be a little boring, but work needs to be done.

Indeed it does--you've found an extra job to help finance your trip (without having to water the soup!) and you're working at it this month.

August - Judgement: Everything comes out in the open? This one confuses me...

Here's where you bring out everything, take a look, and made solid plans for that September trip. You know how much money you have--so where exactly are you going, what will you be doing? What will you pack? What will you need? All that needs doing is going to get done, *laid to rest* so you can move on!

Sept. - The World: This is the month that I have hoped to travel abroad again. Maybe this is an indication that its a go.

I should say so! The World indicates to me that yes, you're going, but you may take less planes, more trains, walk a bit more or stay with friends a bit more than you originally anticipated (3 of cups reinforces this--my guess, you'll be meeting and making friends on this trip, finding people who treat you like family and invite you to stay in their homes). It's a cheaper trip with far less hotels, but you will see and learn and do far more interesting stuff than you would have otherwise.

Nov. - King of Pentacles: I may achieve success in the physical/material realm but I need to be careful to not be stingy with spirit and emotion.

King of Pentacles is often Capricorn--so Nov. should be a good month for you--you'll be on top of things, in control.

Dec - The Lovers: Looks like I'll have to make a decision about someone, a relationship or emotional issue.

As it's the end of the year and your birthday up-coming, it might be that December 2002 will be a time for you to make an important choice about where you want your life to go in 2003.

Once again, great job. Can't wait to hear how it goes with your friend.

january

Spreads #4: New Year&#39 FIELD TEST! (aka: Calendar Spread)

Thirteen (07 Jan, 2002 08:45):
January, you did a TERRIFIC reading! Really stellar! Great insights, good connections. I'm very impressed.

Wow! A a pat on the back from you, Thirteen is golden! I must say, I've learned sooo much from your 'Tarot Basics.'

I should say so! The World indicates to me that yes, you're going, but you may take less planes, more trains, walk a bit more or stay with friends a bit more than you originally anticipated (3 of cups reinforces this--my guess, you'll be meeting and making friends on this trip, finding people who treat you like family and invite you to stay in their homes). It's a cheaper trip with far less hotels, but you will see and learn and do far more interesting stuff than you would have otherwise.

You were so on the spot with this one - my trip is to hopefully meet and create with people in London I've been working with for nearly a year. So yes, it will cost less and I'll be hanging out (and possibly staying) with new friends.

Thanks again for your comments, teacher!

~ january

iceclone

It's an old thread but this is very interesting ... so bumping it for everybody else to see and try.

Sheri

Moderator Note

Hi everyone,

This is just a reminder for anyone who tries the layout to post their readings and link to them here (rules about posting readings in Spreads has changed since 2002).

Carry on & Happy New Year,

Sheri; moderator Tarot Spreads