Dynamic Relationship Spread

nodntap

Dynamic Relationship Spread

Spread Layout

1 .... 2

Positions

First Person In Relationship (the seeker)
Second Person In Relationship

Dealing Out The Spread

This is not your usual spread and there can be anywhere from four (4) cards to a whole bunch of cards, [grin]. But don't worry, you only really have to read two (2) cards - or you can try reading all the cards in each stack/pile if you want. The first thing you want to do is to pick a 'Court Card Significator' for each person in the relationship. Note: You may wish to use a 2nd deck to select the two (2) Significators from.

Let's say you chose the;
Queen of Swords for person #1
and the King of Pentacles for person #2

Set these two (2) cards out in positions #1 and #2 in the layout. Next shuffle and cut the rest of the deck as you normally would. When you are ready start dealing cards onto position #1 (1st Significator card) until you come up with 'another swords card'.

Example

Queen of Swords
The Star
Seven of Swords <= another swords card so you would stop dealing cards out

You then do the same thing with the second Significator card. Here I wasn't so lucky. Remember that here we are looking for another 'Pentacles' card because the Significator is the King of Pentacles.

King of Pentacles
Four of Swords
Nine of Wands
Page of Swords
The Chariot
Ten of Swords
Ten of Cups
The Hanged Man
Ace of Pentacles <= another pentacles card so you would stop dealing cards out

Whew - quite a few cards in this second stack. I would say because of the disparity between the number of cards in the two different stacks that the relationship doesn't look good. It also appears that person #2 has quite a few issues to resolve because there are nine (9) cards in stack #2 to only three (3) cards in stack #1.

Reading the Final (Top) 2 Cards

We ended up with these cards on the top of each stack:
Seven of Swords ..... Ace of Pentacles

With the 7 of Swords the seeker seems to be afraid, or running away from making decisions, from commitments, and from their problems. They may be to much of a loner for any type of relationship at this time. They might also be looking at a relationship at this time for selfish reasons. Possibility they are trying to escape from another (worse) situation.

Looking at the Ace of Pentacles we probably have a person to wrapped up in their job, career, business, etc. for a meaningful relationship at this time - especially considering all the other cards that came up in this stack. They may have a lot, or to many financial and business type prospects coming up to spend much time making a relationship work.

All in all I'd have to say that any type of relationship between these two people is ... unlikely at best - and a possible disaster on their hands if they proceed.

You can now try reading the cards beneath the top cards to see what else you can come up with in the reading.

What If ...

What if another court card comes up on either, or both stacks as the last card drawn?

You might be looking at a love triangle.
If it's a Queen and/or King then there might be a mother and/or father involved in some way with the situation - for good or ill.
If a Page/s - a child or children might be involved.
Any number of other possibilities (You're on your own).

Advise: Draw another card, or cards to clarify the top court card, or cards.

<Content removed per administration. No website listings.>

Kahlie

Oh, great spread :)

The only problem I have is... my significator is always the 3 of Pentacles and not a court card, technically I could use that, not a problem. (Although in spreads that he did I come up as the Queen of Cups)

His however is more troublesome.... He is usually between the Knight of Pentacles or the Knight of Wands (Depending on how active his situation is) and he comes up as The Emperor a lot (due to his nickname I think)!

Which leads to another question... what if a Major card comes up, do you tie it to a suit or keep drawing?

nodntap

Kahlie said:
Oh, great spread :)

The only problem I have is... my significator is always the 3 of Pentacles and not a court card, technically I could use that, not a problem. (Although in spreads that he did I come up as the Queen of Cups)

His however is more troublesome.... He is usually between the Knight of Pentacles or the Knight of Wands (Depending on how active his situation is) and he comes up as The Emperor a lot (due to his nickname I think)!

Which leads to another question... what if a Major card comes up, do you tie it to a suit or keep drawing?

Feel free to use any card as a significator - even the same card, perferably from 2 different decks.

With the Majors you can go either way. For most it would be easiest to 'Keep drawing' - but if you know the element associations for the Majors you can certainly stop at a Major with the same element as the sig.

I'm easy, LOL.

Don S.

lisaria

Hey nodntap,
I like this. I'm going to print this out and put it in my spreads notebook and use it. Thanks for sharing it. :D
lisa

pascentia

:eek:

i decided to try this spread because the relationship kept feeling blocked.
i was kind of afraid that a ton of cards would appear which would = more obstacles and more interpretations.

To my surprise, I only had to draw 1 card on each side and it was of the same suit as the significators! And well the cards kind of pointed out that I was thinking too much and worrying unecessarily about it.

Oh well but at least it was to the point.

SilverMoontress

Interesting Spread

I decide to try some new spreads to see about somethings concerning whether or not my exbf and I would reunite back together.. I came across this wonderful spread and found it to be very interesting!

I laid out the King of pents to represent him, and the Queen of cups to represent me..to my surprise I thought I would have to keep drawing numerous cards for his side lol but I ended up drawing the magician and the 9of pents( both rev) for him, and I was shocked I drew more for my side lol I drew the emperor, the judgement, the 8of pents, 9 of swords rev, and lastly the knight of cups lol.

Very, very interesting, now I just need to put it together and figure out what is saying to me lol, however I think the outcome will be good judging from the cards.

Thanks for such a wonderful spread!!

SilverMoontress

i actually meant to post the original thread i did to the dyanmic spread... thats the spread im referring too lol sorry all.. im still new to this site and learning.

afolse

Opinion please and question

I would some ones opinion on this. I did this spread on my ex there where some life change events in his life that triggered our break up and he did say he is seeing some one else. I know I am not interested in any one at this time, and when I pick our card I picked for me queen of pentacles andfor him I choose a knight that I felt describe him in general. However, while I was looking for the knight and the page of wands fell out so I used that card for him instead. this is how the cards played out
mine
queen pentacles
9 of wands
page of pentacles

his
page of wands
hermit
lovers
justice reverse
then the queens of wands reverse

I know that it was said a love triangle may be present in ends with court cards. I am just curious what this could mean due to the fact the page fell out I didn't chose it and mine ended with the page and his ended with the queen? sorry I am just looking for an objective opinion not just mind which is clouded by both hope and fear. I didn't get a chance to pull another card, and I have one more question if I where to ask for clarifaciation now on this reading even though it is after the fact would it still be accurate or has the moment passed?

Mercurial Maiden

What a cool spread!

Hi!

Thanks so much for devising this spread. It's really very unique in form. I've never come across something like this.

I think the one challenge would be that it would leave quite an open interpretation. Since the cards are stacked one on top of the other instead of side by side, one wouldn't be able to look at how neighbouring cards affect the situation.

I haven't tried it yet, but I feel like this would definitely be an amazing option to see "who in the relationship is overthinking". Love it, love it, love it!

I'll try it out sometime soon.

Cape

Hey great spread!

But does the cards that come up only show problems and conflicts? If not then what kind of cards would mean good stuff? Because I personally would have read Ace of Pentacles as the him laying out the foundations for a stable relationship or something.