$5 deck sale at Llewellyn

marsgrrl

I ordered the Bruegel, Liber-T and the Journey to the Orient. One just can't lose for five bucks! Happy Day!

magpie9

lark said:
I noticed no one has picked up the Tarot of the Hidden Folks...but there's been a lot of Bruegel and Durer rumbling.
I did--(and I can't be the only one) as well as the lieber T--x2, and the III Millennium, Giotto, Durer, Bruegel, and for unknown reasons, the Hindu Oracle!

Annabelle

lark said:
I noticed no one has picked up the Tarot of the Hidden Folks...but there's been a lot of Bruegel and Durer rumbling.
Ah, see, I'm passing on the Hidden Folk because I had it before and didn't like it - it was one of the VERY FEW decks I've ever traded away.

I did go for the Bruegel and Durer though . . . both are decks that I've considered buying many times before, but decided I didn't quite want them enough to pay full price. At $5 a piece, I just couldn't pass them up.

Another that I NEVER would have bought except for the sale - the Liber T. I've considered it before, but then got put off by the somewhat icky (to my taste) depictions on some of the cards. But again, for $5, it's hard to go wrong...

rachelcat

I've Been Waiting for This!!!

Thanks for the heads up!! I decided I need lots of historic decks fast!! So I got:

Classic Tarot
Ancient Tarot of Lombardy
Ancient Italian
Tarot of Marseille
Success Cards
Kalachakra Oracle

I already have I Ching of Love (bought at an earlier $5 sale!) and Mother Nature Oracle (just got it in a trade)! (And already had and traded away Liber T and Etruscan.)

While you're ordering, if you don't have it already, don't forget to pick up your 2006 Tarot Reader for $2.25!

Scion

That thread is hilarious Lark. I'd forgotten how much I laughed the lst go-round. But you'll notice that several decks are making a repeat appearance: the Giotto, Ancient Lombardy, the Trevisan Renaissance, their Marseilles, I Ching of Love, III Millennium...

Obviously appearance on the list isn't a guarantee that it's going out of print, or else the demand is SO low that they're still being discounted almost 2 years later. I wish we knew the mechanics of this.

Does Llewellyn periodically overbuy certain decks and then discount them to clear warehouse space, or did Scarabeo overprint and then offer them to Llewellyn to clear their slow-moving stock? Publishers don't like losses. And losses on that many products mean less diversity down the line.

As much as I love the discount, I can't imagine it's good for Tarot publishing to take that kind of hit on profit margin. Would love input from Scarabeo or Llewellyn...

Scion

Barbaras Ahajusts

If I could afford it...

If I could afford it, I would buy the Bruegel tarot deck from Llewellyn while its only $5.

LOL.

Nice sale prices!

Thanks for the Link!

Barb

Fulgour

Scion said:
As much as I love the discount, I can't imagine it's good for Tarot publishing to take that kind of hit on profit margin. Would love input from Scarabeo or Llewellyn...
I think we're seeing the Wholesale prices here,
which for Retail are, by rule of thumb, doubled.

Remember~ Christmas begins Wholesale in July.

Maybe here stores have returned stock with an
order for new items. Not "seconds" but still new
when returned they can be re-sold...but stores
might not enjoy getting the same items back. ;)

RubyV

I ordered a Liber T. It'll be an extra gift for the holidays.

NightWing

Oh, the enabling...

...that goes on here! If only I hadn't looked at this thread! I got pretty much what rachelcat did, minus one deck, since it was so hard to resist. Now I just wonder how long these will take to come, given the border crossing and customs and all. In this post-9/11 world, I guess even cards are suspect. I expect it will be slow, but at least there will be something to look forward to this fall. Thanks to those that made this inevitable...er, possible!