Can't decide to buy which deck

starz

I can't decide to buy Hanson Roberts or Gilded tarot.. Which is better for a very new beginner? I can only afford to buy one now. I like both of them.. I have seen all the cards online. Gilded is very beautiful and Hanson Roberts is very cute.

Genna

Hanson-Roberts will always have a special place in my heart because I learned to read with it.The cards are very small,good to shuffle if you´re not used to it.The images are almost R-W with all the well-known symbolism almost completely intact-I would start with H-R.It´s also a very warm deck.

Nina*

I agree with genna - The Hanson-Roberts is a lovely deck and as it is so much like RWS you can use most tarot-books with it.

xxx
Nina

HearthCricket

I agree. Hanson Roberts is a lovely deck and a perfect starter deck, as well as something you will be treasuring for the rest of your life! Learn and work with that deck, and move on to the Gilded for a special treat, around Christmas/Yule, after you have been reading for several months. Fabulous gift!

BodhiSeed

I also agree with these ladies who recommended the Hanson-Roberts. It was the first deck I learned to read with. It has enough symbology to be interesting that you can connect with, but not so much that it is overwhelming. And the size is wonderful if you have small hands as I do!
Happy shopping!
Bodhran

Alta

Agree also. Start with the Hanson-Roberts.

weaver

The points made already have been right on. But at the end of the day, I think the very most important thing to look for when purchasing a Tarot deck is to find the one you relate with the most. The two decks you are considering are quite different in terms of their artistic style (beautiful versus cute). They are both great decks and thanks to the wonders of the internet, you have gotten a good feel for both of them.

Which, of the two, can you see yourself spending LOT'S of time with?! Regardless of how well respected a deck may be, if you don't resonate with it, it will never hold any magic for you.

You already know which deck you want. Listen to your heart and proceed accordingly! Good luck!

weaver

Grizabella

I agree with the Hanson-Roberts vote. I think that would be just great for a beginning tarot learner.

PlatinumDove

I agree with the Hanson Roberts vote. Although the Gided is a BEAUTIFUL deck (*has it on her wishlist*), the Hanson Roberts would be better for a beginner because its so close to the standard RWS.

Flidais

I found that I was able to start reading very quickly with the Hanson-Roberts. The rapport was there right away, and I received simple, clear messages from the cards immediately. It sounds like others have had similar experiences. I also have the Gilded. I don't think it would be a bad deck to start with, either.