Shifting on Timing Predictions

Desert Girl

I've been asking a question about when X will happen for about the past month. The timing system I've chosen is wands for days, swords for weeks, cups for months and pentacles for years. Several weeks ago I pulled a ten of wands. That day came and nothing happened, so I asked again. I got a three of wands. That day passed and nothing happened again. In the past few days I asked two more times - pulled a knight of wands once and an ace of wands today.

Since all of my cards have been wands, it makes me think that the event will occur soon, but is being delayed for some reason. As you can see, I'm eager for this specific event to happen. When I asked what I should do about the situation, I got 9 of wands, which I interpret as "just be patient." And in fact, the situation does depend on another person, and I'm clearly not patient. Would this possibly mean that the timing is very close, but that person has just not made their move quite yet?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Desert Girl!

When listing cards from readings, you are required to provide your interpretations of them before anyone may discuss them. I think I know how you interpreted the various cards you listed, but you didn't specifically state how you interpreted them. Please edit your post to include your interpretations.

Other posters, you may discuss the repeating suit regarding timing, but please don't discuss the individual cards until Desert Girl has provided her interpretations.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

rwcarter

Since all the cards that have come up are Wands, it's possible the tarot is reflecting your desire for the event to happen quickly back to you. I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that there are delays though unless those cards were coming up reversed.

Without discussing the specific cards since you haven't told us how you interpreted them, it's also possible that instead of interpreting the answer as card rank + timing interval that you should interpret the card itself as your answer.

Rodney

Desert Girl

Woops!

Hello Rodney, and nice to meet you!

Since wands represent days in my chosen system, I'm interpreting the 10 of wands as 10 days, three of wands as three days, ace of wands as one day. I have mixed feelings about the knight - it should be 12 days in this system, but just looking at it, I get the feeling of something much faster than that.

Looking at the latest two draws, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around what else the ace of wands or knight of wands might be telling me regarding timing...I know that the ace of wands can be the beginning of an idea/creative insight. To me, the knight is ready to take that insight and put it to action. So perhaps in this context when the person in question has had that lightbulb moment and is ready to seize the task or solve the problem? Admittedly, I'm a newbie though, so I'm open to more insight.

magicjack

I'm not so good at getting down to an exact day something will happen but if it was me ,Wands for me is the spring.

BlueSun

I have asked about timing myself, and consulted some books and articles, etc. about timing. It has, so far, not worked for me.

For example, the cards consistently told me that a particular event would happen. When I asked for the timing, I got "8 of Cups". One article said that means "one month"; and that did not happen. Another article said that card means the period Feb 18 to Feb 28; and that did not happen. Another article said the period of Pisces (Feb 21- Mar 20); and that did not happen either.

Does anyone know of a better system?

rwcarter

magicjack reminded me that each of the cards have date range associations with them. There are different systems, so assuming your deck follows the Golden Dawn system (which the Rider Waite follows), here are the date associations:

10W - Dec 13 - Dec 22
3W - Mar 31 - Apr 10
KnW - Jul 12 - Aug 11
AW - Jun 21 - Sep 22

So, the Kn and A overlap in their date ranges, which are basically the summer. I'll assume you asked the question recently, so the Dec time frame would be the end of this year. The 3W answer would be soon.

The system I'm using can be found in this thread.

Rodney

BlueSun

magicjack reminded me that each of the cards have date range associations with them. There are different systems, so assuming your deck follows the Golden Dawn system (which the Rider Waite follows), here are the date associations:

10W - Dec 13 - Dec 22
3W - Mar 31 - Apr 10
KnW - Jul 12 - Aug 11
AW - Jun 21 - Sep 22

So, the Kn and A overlap in their date ranges, which are basically the summer. I'll assume you asked the question recently, so the Dec time frame would be the end of this year. The 3W answer would be soon.

The system I'm using can be found in this thread.

Rodney

I looked at this thread. Which link talks about timing?

rwcarter

I looked at this thread. Which link talks about timing?
The Word document attachments from rachelcat contain the various timing systems. Do you not see those attachments?

Desert Girl

Thanks for the attachment

I pulled one more card using the system in the Word doc shared by Rodney and got The Tower, which corresponds with March 21-April 20 on the chart. Interesting, given that the time range starts tomorrow and using my other system, the wands indicate something happening soon (within days).

magicjack, I've also heard of wands as spring. Given that today is the first day of spring here in North America, I'm inclined to feel optimistic.

We'll see how it all pans out!