Readings about others

yukinkoicy

214red said:
I am glad the post hasnt descended into an ethics debate:)

When I first clicked on the thread I was so worried that it might have been turned into an ethics debate. XD I am really glad too. And, I agree with everything else you said.

Seafra

Intent. All depends on intent. That's my experience anyway.

Grizabella

I'll answer again, just because I did give a lot of space in my previous answer to the "ethics" thing.

You want to know how accurate these things are. Well, they can be dead on, but I don't think that means you should bet your boots on them and blab it right out to your sitter. Since the chances are great that you could be wrong, then if you're doing a reading for a married woman and she asks about the relationship between her husband and his secretary (to give a very old cliche situation) and you see in the cards that he's having an affair, you're going to have to seriously consider whether to tell this woman and destroy her world or not tell her. If you've misread the cards, and we DO misread the cards at times, then you're going to blow the woman's world up in just a few moments, and for what? I don't think it's the right thing to do just because you see it in the cards---or think you see it in the cards. I don't think you should lie, but I do think you have to be very, very, very careful with that kind of information and that, if possible, you not tell this woman her husband is having an affair. You don't have to say he isn't and lie, but you don't have to tell her what you see, either.

There are those who will disagree with me, I'm sure, but unless you're a licensed therapist who can help her deal with the information, it's best left alone.

Purrfect

I dont think it's the best idea to read someone without their permission. I like my privacy and wouldnt feel comfortable if someone had read me without asking.
I'm surprised that it goes on so much, where is the trust?

Just make sure if you do tell them that you know that will be able to accept what you are saying. Sometimes we dont always want to hear what other's want us to hear even if it's for our highest good. Sometimes we are just not ready.

Vala

This is an interesting thread.

I think we are connected on a subconscious level with friends, relatives, even people we don't like (that is energy too). We have dreams about them, they dream about us. On an unsubconscious level people might know you're asking questions about them. You're actually giving energy to them by doing so.
I read someday that we spend much more time thinking about people we don't like than about people we like.

So readings for others, that's ok, if you care about them. As long as we don't become focused on another person's live.

Greetings from Brussels