Ace of Wands in Yes/No

CaballoDeCopas

I just don't see any sense in finding a meaning for a card absent of a question. The question will dictate the meaning of a question, surely. For example the question 'will i have a quiet day today?' ace of wands, I would say 'no', 'will i get my leg over tonight?' ace of wands I would say 'yes'. There cannot be one answer only for the meaning of a card, in my mind.

MagsStardustBlack

I would think the Ace of Wands (Rods) represents movement, action and motive. So the question would be individual to a situation. I can not see the answer being yes always.

Oo and also agree with previous poster :.)

Amanda

I just don't see any sense in finding a meaning for a card absent of a question. The question will dictate the meaning of a question, surely. For example the question 'will i have a quiet day today?' ace of wands, I would say 'no', 'will i get my leg over tonight?' ace of wands I would say 'yes'. There cannot be one answer only for the meaning of a card, in my mind.

Okay, but she's going to argue with you about that, because it's not what she asked. LOL

nisaba

I read all aces as a "yes"...but recently, have seemed to get Ace of Wands as a "no". Anyone else think the Ace of Wands is a "no" card, as a general rule?

And if you do think so, please share why.

GA
Not as a general rule, no. I'd see it as saying "go on - do it", since it's so much about starting a new course of action.

However, if you felt it as a no, go with that. After all, it might be saying :"take rapid action to avoid this".

Teheuti

One person told me that the Ace of Wands was a carrot on a stick - and, in this case, he didn't want it. So - waving something enticing under your nose - but is it really what you want?

Generally, though, it is the thumbs up card (RWS), unless it is reversed and then the thumb is pointing down.

CaballoDeCopas

Okay, but she's going to argue with you about that, because it's not what she asked. LOL

LOL, 'she' asked as a general rule, as you pointed out to me formally, and if we did not agree with 'her', and I gave my opinion that there are no general rules as far as I was concerned, and I think I have answered 'her' question; can it be yes or no? Yes, it can be yes or no, depending upon the question. That is my opinion, and I am sure the poster can speak for herself, if she wishes to argue with me.

GoddessArtemis

Hi everyone. Thanks for participating and sharing your thoughts on my original question! Time certainly got away from me....sorry, but here I am. :)

To those who commented that the Ace of Wands could be yes or no, well..yes..that's always the case, isn't it? ;) My question was, generally speaking, if you received the Ace of Wands as an answer to a Yes/No question...would you read it as a yes or a no?

I do understand what those who said "it depends" mean: (I don't read reversals)

Example 1: Will I have a quiet day today? Ace of Wands - Heck, no!
Example 2: Is so-and-so angry with me? Ace of Wands - Hell, yea!

I get it. :D

I personally have seen this Ace as a positive card, often reading it...more/less ("generally speaking") as a YES. However, lately, it has come to mean "No" in my readings and I'm finding this out the difficult way.

Personal example: Is the check in the mail - Ace of Wands --> I read it as a YES! Well, turned out it was a no. That's just one example, but it's happened in various scenarios/readings now, so it made me wonder why and how many people experience this card differently in their readings...and why it's changing up for me now in my own readings.

So..there you go! I hope that clarified some of the confusion. Your input is invaluable and has been helpful. However, I'm still a bit in the fog as to why something I'd expected to mean a "yes" with this card is repeatedly now turning into a "no" (various questions, you understand).

Thanks, all!

GA :heart: