Deck of the Week Sign up Group - week 31 - March 3-10 2012

Asbestos Mango

The Rosetta is weird.

I'm finding that it has an optimistic streak. I'm having a week from hell, and the Rosetta keeps telling me I have all this strength that I don't feel like I have. I should probably listen to it. It keeps pointing up all the progress I've made and reminding me that in the fairly recent past, I have had times when I've been fairly self-disciplined and optimistic.

It seems determined to try to make me feel good about myself.

I may spend a second week with it, hopefully I'll be out of this funk and be able to enjoy it more.

GoldenWolf

Time to switch already? Wow. i do like the Tarot of the Sephiroth though it's more Golden Dawn than Thoth. Bright colors, helpful guidebook, nice Tree of Life cheat sheet that came with the deck/book set, and an overall positive take on the card meanings without being fuzzy bunny, new agey. Right now I find some the memory aids of sorts on the cards to be helpful, but as I get more familiar with Kabbalah, I might find some of it annoying (like the segment of the corresponding spheres on the court cards).

Not sure which deck I will choose next week yet.

Elendil

I'm thinking of using the Mary-El Tarot next week. My copy of the deck arrived yesterday (with some damaged cards, sadly). I like what I have seen of the deck - though haven't had a chance to read any of the accompanying book yet. It doesn't seem to follow RWS or Crowley's Thoth...so it might prove an interesting challenge.

Eyebright

I'm thinking of using the Mary-El Tarot next week. My copy of the deck arrived yesterday (with some damaged cards, sadly). I like what I have seen of the deck - though haven't had a chance to read any of the accompanying book yet. It doesn't seem to follow RWS or Crowley's Thoth...so it might prove an interesting challenge.

I'm thinking of using this deck next week as well! I seem to be one of the few lucky ones, my deck arrived in perfect condition :)

Mi-Shell

I sort of feel I lost this whole week :(
Life just ran over me and time disappeared....
I have my chronological time line for the Tarot of the Origins all figured out and written out, but now comes the nightmare of posting it into the Study group.....

Oh, and by the way,
Cat*!!
your reading is on the readings thread; all 3 posts of it...
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3074316#post3074316

Chiska

Harumph!

Nobody is going to jump on the Pythagorean bandwagon with me?? Everybody is going with the Mary-El!?

:laugh:

It will be interesting to hear everybody's impressions! I am not attracted to this deck at all. I am, however, fascinated with the Pythagorean. Kind of like watching a train wreck that is coming straight at you and you have no where to run. It kicks my butt, but I like the challenge!

Penthasilia

Harumph!

Nobody is going to jump on the Pythagorean bandwagon with me?? Everybody is going with the Mary-El!?

:laugh:

It will be interesting to hear everybody's impressions! I am not attracted to this deck at all. I am, however, fascinated with the Pythagorean. Kind of like watching a train wreck that is coming straight at you and you have no where to run. It kicks my butt, but I like the challenge!

Don't feel bad Chiska- I am going to be doing the Etteilla- so we can bang our heads against a brick wall together ;)

Chiska

Don't feel bad Chiska- I am going to be doing the Etteilla- so we can bang our heads against a brick wall together ;)

Ahhhh...darn it!! I have the Etteilla (The Book of Thoth Etteilla), but the number generator didn't spit that one out.

I always view my Pythagorean as more of a scholarly deck than a reading deck. I will open a thread in the Reading Exchange forum - but I will have a caveat of "don't expect much."

Penthasilia

Ahhhh...darn it!! I have the Etteilla (The Book of Thoth Etteilla), but the number generator didn't spit that one out.

I always view my Pythagorean as more of a scholarly deck than a reading deck. I will open a thread in the Reading Exchange forum - but I will have a caveat of "don't expect much."

Tell ya what- I will wait and we can do the Etteilla together. I will work on my Papus tarot (or maybe the Masonic), or some other symbol laden deck!

;)

Chiska

Tell ya what- I will wait and we can do the Etteilla together. I will work on my Papus tarot (or maybe the Masonic), or some other symbol laden deck!

;)

Sounds fun! The more symbols and the more esoteric the better!!