Anino Lenormand

Padma

Sure, PM me your idea :)

In regard to crowdfunding, please be careful which platform you use - many here are wary, because often they give their money to a campaign, and nothing comes of it (they don't receive anything). I think Kickstarter might be a good one to go with, perhaps?

Oh, and I was just thinking - maybe also talk to Babalon Jones, and also Wooden-Eye, BJ has used Kickstarter for her absolutely amazing Tabula Mundi deck, and Wooden-Eye might have printer suggestions...?
Also, WE's work was picked up by Schiffer - it would be interesting to find out how that works!

blue_fusion

Sure, PM me your idea :)

In regard to crowdfunding, please be careful which platform you use - many here are wary, because often they give their money to a campaign, and nothing comes of it (they don't receive anything). I think Kickstarter might be a good one to go with, perhaps?

Oh, and I was just thinking - maybe also talk to Babalon Jones, and also Wooden-Eye, BJ has used Kickstarter for her absolutely amazing Tabula Mundi deck, and Wooden-Eye might have printer suggestions...?
Also, WE's work was picked up by Schiffer - it would be interesting to find out how that works!

I'll draw the scheme I have in mind and PM it to you tomorrow. (Since i am surfing on my phone)

I can't start a KS campaign in my country, so I will have to risk Indiegogo. It will be an all-or-nothing type of campaign if ever, so people can be assured that I won't get anything unless the campaign reaches its funding goal.

I think creators can approach publishers after their campaign or publishers approach the creators after their campaigns. A successful is a good way to gauge a deck's popularity so it's a bit of an assurance to the publisher that the deck has an appeal to people. At least I think that is what happens. :D

Padma

Sounds good! I await your PM sometime in the days to come. :)

I would back your deck, for sure!

blue_fusion

I have decided to take the risk and try running an Indiegogo campaign for the Anino Lenormand. It will be a Fixed Funding type of campaign so I will only receive the funds if the campaign reaches its funding goal. I am the process of drafting the campaign - I intend for the campaign to "go live" in the next few days. I'll be posting the link to the campaign once it starts. I hope you folks can support my first crowdfunding campaign. :)

-Ly

Attachments

• CAMPAIGN CARD IMAGE.jpg
    CAMPAIGN CARD IMAGE.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 121

reall

just dropping to say I don't see how can you possibly get burned by backing up project on crowdfunding if you go with paypal?x,x as far as I know you can start paypal request in 6mounth from your payment!x,x and that's enough time to cover any risk?x,x :))

and imo if you go with POD there is really no big difference if you have 1 or 10 000 backers you can still make it?x,x :))

with 2mentioned above I'm more worried for artist!x,x reason I keep away from cf for now!^^ lolz but if I ever decide to go for it one day i would copy successful project like this; https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-burning-serpent-oracle#/

and Ly is well known artist with good background of many selfpublished decks so this shouldn't be a question?!^^:)) no need to say I luv all seen so far!^^:))
and a Tarot community we should all support anyway we can!^^ go for it!^^ lolz ;)))

p.s I know how amazing Padma is from our collab deck!:)) signing up to see you selfpublishing one day!^^ lolz :)))

Padma

And...Backed! I think I might have been your first backer. I hope it comes to fruition! :)
Good luck, Blue - this deck needs to be out playing in the world!

blue_fusion

And...Backed! I think I might have been your first backer. I hope it comes to fruition! :)
Good luck, Blue - this deck needs to be out playing in the world!

Thank you both! I really hope it gets funded. :D

And thank you reall for the kind words and encouragements here and in PMs. :D