Selenite and Headaches

Dogs&Coffee

I put a piece of selenite under my pillow (in my pillowcase) for the first time last night to aid in remembering my dreams and I woke up with a killer migraine (I get them, but never overnight, and have never had one waking up)... Anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Starri Knytes

Interesting. Selenite is known to ease headaches of all kinds.
I would never recommend sleeping with anything hard or lumpy in your pillow case because it might cause an unusual sleeping position that could indeed be the cause of your problem. Placing stones next to you bed on a nightstand or in a bag tied to your headboard should be close enough.

Also adding a suggestion helps. Repeating "I will remember what I dream tonight" as you drift off and lying still with eyes closed for a few minutes reflecting on your dreams as you wake will help. Then as soon as you get up write down anything you remember.

Good luck sweetie and Sweet dreams.

Dogs&Coffee

Interesting. Selenite is known to ease headaches of all kinds.
I would never recommend sleeping with anything hard or lumpy in your pillow case because it might cause an unusual sleeping position that could indeed be the cause of your problem. Placing stones next to you bed on a nightstand or in a bag tied to your headboard should be close enough.

Also adding a suggestion helps. Repeating "I will remember what I dream tonight" as you drift off and lying still with eyes closed for a few minutes reflecting on your dreams as you wake will help. Then as soon as you get up write down anything you remember.

Good luck sweetie and Sweet dreams.

It was a small flat worry stone... maybe 1" x 1/4"... I actually purchased that exact piece for the purpose of putting in my pillow. It didn't seem to get in the way at all, and I didn't notice it while I was reading before bed. I'll try leaving it on the nightstand tonight and see what happens.

I've tried the "i will remember" thing too... religiously for about a year, and I still have very little luck remembering dreams. I've started a journal, but only 2 dreams remembered in the past few weeks... I'm convinced I don't dream all that often, which is a shame, because I'd like to work my way up to lucid dreaming, but at this rate I'll be like 295 before I get there :D

Tanga

Hmmm. Can't help. Except to say I once knew a lady who couldn't sleep and got headaches if she kept her crystal collection in her bedroom.

I second Starri Knites "self dream remembrance programming" suggestion.
I do that.
I am a lucid dreamer - and years ago when I had nightmares - my Dad taught me this practice along the lines of "I will not dream bad dreams tonight" repeated over.
This worked - and I adapted it for "I will remember", "I will continue with the dream I had",
"I will have restful and peaceful sleep tonight"...

:)

@Dog&Coffee - everybody dreams - I believe one has to for "normal" sleep...
Whether one remembers them is another matter.
I think the other thing one is supposed to try is setting the alarm really early - an hour or two before you wake up (My memory is vague here - you may need to google...) as this would then interrupt you in your REM sleep (when dreaming) and you might have more chance of remembering them...

Dogs&Coffee

Update:

I moved the stone to the nightstand, and no headaches. It might have been as Starri suggested, and even though I couldn't feel it in the pillow, the knowledge of it being there may have caused me to sleep funny, or maybe I just got a random headache...

Still having trouble remembering dreams though...

I've been doing the self programming as you both have recommended, but no real luck yet. I'll try the alarm thing you mentioned, Tanga, and let you know. :3