Teth

Always Wondering

Okay.

I have on my judgy pants and am wielding my flaming sword, but the pants don't fit and that sucker is hot. :laugh: I feel awkward, angry, and overcharged. Teth is hard. At least I pull it from a difficult place. I have no idea how I get from here to that beautiful scene on Crowley's Lust.

First off we have a moral triad. Okay maybe not, then an ethical triangle, and if not that, a sensuous world. The last one I get. I can see Crowley bucking the first two with a picture of a naked woman on his card. What has morality or ethics got to do with anything? I know it does, because I want justice dammit. :laugh:

My go-to Case has thrown me. Count, count, count, count, count. Okay, I get it, he's a qabalist.
It does smack a little of 0=2.
Or Divide, Add, Mutiply, and Understand. =56

9 for the value of Teth.
19 for the path.
216 for ARIH/Leo, identical with Wrath by the way.
SVD for Secret = 70 + HPOVLVT = 206 for a total numeration of this path of 276.

I got nothing.

I go all the way back to Case's comment on Mars for Geburah.
Right Action, that is, right use of the Mars-force, is always graceful.

It is Dion Fortune that gives me the first real sense of the path... I think.
We must learn to love and trust the mailed warrior with the sword as well as Divine love which give us a cup of cold water and says, “Come unto me all ye that are weary and laden.”

But Crowley says it is not the strength of Geburah, but the influence of Chesed on Guburah which brings so much balance to this path.

Well hell, none of this tells me how to wield my flaming sword against a neighbor who thinks he's the only star in the universe... Without killing him. })

And it is obviously not about him at all because this isn't the first time these issues come up, but a string of lousy neighbors, with an alarming similarity of boundary stomping and button pushing, all from the same house, until they realize they have to pay a mortgage, and foreclose. :rolleyes:

I just want to learn my lesson and stop the madness so I can go back to being a divine love goddess again. :|

Any thoughts?

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
First off we have a moral triad. Okay maybe not, then an ethical triangle, and if not that, a sensuous world. The last one I get. I can see Crowley bucking the first two with a picture of a naked woman on his card. What has morality or ethics got to do with anything? I know it does, because I want justice dammit.
The triad of Chesed, Geburah and Tiphareth is traditionally called the Olam-ha-Morgash (Heb: OVLM HMVRGSh). This is commonly translated as the Moral World. On the surface this does seem a bit odd, and for this reason Fortune felt a need to rename it the Ethical triad. (I think the “Sensuous world” comes from Issac Myer. I’m not sure where he was going with that.)

One way to understand it is Collective Love (Chesed) and Individual Volition (Geburah) balanced and reconciled in the Harmony of Tiphareth. Another expression for the right relationship between the Individual and the Other is True Will. But what has this got to do with morals? The True Will is your inner truth and the source of your true morality. It’s not some artificial and arbitrary code of conduct that is imposed upon you. It’s the true expression of your true self. (See Liber AL I:41-43 & 52)

But what about the Path of Teth? Because of its position the Path of Teth has a lot in common with Tiphareth. The Sephiroth are more like receptacles of force, while the Paths are active conduits of energy between the spheres. This kind of makes Teth an expression of Tiphareth in action. Rather than a static state of being, this is Going and Doing as a true expression of Self. Crowley’s redesign of this card illustrates the active dynamism inherent in the Path. And the new name, “Lust”, suggests passionate, eager enthusiasm (while pushing a few 'uptight' buttons at the same time. })).

But what about Teth as the Serpent? What does this have to do with the self? The Serpent, whether it be Kundalini or sexual energy, is closer to the real you than you are. (See Liber AL II:10-13) But this may be difficult for us reconcile or even acknowledge. The Serpent (NChSh – 358) who is the Messiah (MShICh – 358) is veiled in Shame (GShNH – 358).

The Lamps/chakras that Case mentions are represented by the seven heads of the Beast on the Lust card.
Always Wondering said:
My go-to Case has thrown me. Count, count, count, count, count. Okay, I get it, he's a qabalist.
Count the number of the Beast. Or count the number of Our Lady. Counting seems to be connected with Teth via the primitive tally represented by the Circle and Cross ........ the Mark of the Beast. :bugeyed:

Maybe there's a number that expresses you.

Always Wondering

One way to understand it is Collective Love (Chesed) and Individual Volition (Geburah) balanced and reconciled in the Harmony of Tiphareth. Another expression for the right relationship between the Individual and the Other is True Will. But what has this got to do with morals? The True Will is your inner truth and the source of your true morality. It’s not some artificial and arbitrary code of conduct that is imposed upon you. It’s the true expression of your true self. (See Liber AL I:41-43 & 52)

Thank-you so much. I haven't even begun to process the details, but I have felt such a huge relief after I read your response.

I guess I am always going to be a fighter and a pan banger, and an emotional one at that. I always joked that I should have been raised in a loud Italian family, but I am not related to single person who can tolerate much of a confrontation. So I have gotten the idea that this trait just gets in the way of all my relationships, especially HGA. And it's the one thing I think is keeping myself un-god like that is actually the definition of a star.

And I had this silly idea that this stuff isn't life affirming because it didn't feel a certain way. I've been banging my head over this one for months. :laugh: I've had it all wrong.

93 ;)

Linda