Can't See the Wood For The Trees!

Rosanne

I am about to construct a Tree of Life. I found a different one from Sacred Geometry (Thanks jmd) that seems more suited to me, as there is not what appears to be 24 paths, that is on the more common one. This one has has a clear 22 paths. I have placed all my Majors on it, plus planets, and zodiac signs. It has a symmetry that I like. I like the placement of the planets and the flow of the zodiac signs like a ribbon that winds down the central pillar.
Now I looked through every deck that has Kabbalah attributes on them, and can find none that is even slightly like this one I have worked out. So if the scan is clear, can anyone tell me what exactly I am doing wrong? Apart from Aleph being the Bateleur and not the Le Mat that is :D
I decided instead of moaning about the Kabbalah and Tarot, I would try and work it out for myself. I still am not sure whether it is a fit or not, but this one looks right to me. I like the planets closer to earth and the lower world. I like the squareness or the arrangement of the middle world with the Empress and Emperor on either pillar. On the other hand I do not like to think I am thinking I am in step when I am not.(if not)
This is also like a reoccurring dream of the Universe I keep having- and I am trying to workout what the dream is telling me. So I have also made a relationship with Angels and Sephiroth but I am puzzled as to which way the twins angels Metatron and Sandalphon go? Or does it matter? Also I realise this looks more astrological than spiritual.
Any help would be appreciated. ~Rosanne
Well that scan is hopeless!
I will write it out next post.

Attachments

• BTreeofLife.jpg
    BTreeofLife.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 206

Rosanne

Keter to Chokmah = The Heirophant-Aries
Chokmah to Binah = Fire, The World
Keter to Binah = Lovers -Taurus
Keter to Tipareth= High Priestess- Saturn
Binah to Tipareth =Justice -Cancer
Chokmah to Tipareth=Chariot- Gemini
Chokmah to Chesed = Empress-Jupiter
Binah to Geburah = Emperor- Mars
Tipareth to Geburah = Wheel of Fortune-Virgo
Tipareth to Chesed= Hermit-Leo
Chesed to Geburah=Air, The Magician
Tipareth to Yesod = Judgement-Mercury
Chesed to Yesod= Hanged Man- Libra
Geburah to Yesod= Temperance-Scorpio
Chesed to Netzach= Strength- The Sun
Geburah to Hod= The Star- Venus
Yesod to Netzach= Devil- Sagittarius
Yesod to Hod= The Tower-Capricorn
Netzach to Hod= Water, Death
Netzach to Malkuth= The Moon- Aquarius
Yesod to Malkuth= the Fool-Moon
Hod to Malkuth=The Sun Pisces
Amen.
~Rosanne

Attachments

• ClearToL.jpg
    ClearToL.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 184

jmd

Great that you are working on developing your own preferred version of the Tree of Life, and finding your own preferred allocations thereon!

I just had occasion to look at a couple of pages from the Work of the Chariot site - something that may be of interest especially given your preferred model!

BrightEye

Rosanne said:
This is also like a reoccurring dream of the Universe I keep having- and I am trying to workout what the dream is telling me. So I have also made a relationship with Angels and Sephiroth but I am puzzled as to which way the twins angels Metatron and Sandalphon go? Or does it matter?
Sorry if this sounds dim, but where are the angels in your diagram? And what is their function?

I wonder what your dream was all about. But I guess if you'd wanted us to know, you would have gone into more detail.

Rosanne

Hi BrightEye! The 10 Sephiroth on the Tree, have Angels assigned to them. I am just not sure where they are supposed to go.
I have guessed at some- like Michael would go on 6 for sure. Gabriel would go on 9 which is called foundation or Yesod. Then I get a bit lost. No -Raphael would go 8 which is splendour or Hod to be correct. I do not have enough qablah knowledge as yet- though Kwaw is always a great help.
I just do not think Tarot connections would have used a Tree like I have organized it in my mind. I also do not understand the Golden Dawn way they came to their conclusions either. It is like swimming in mud lol. My mud maybe their clear water and I am not knowledgeable enough.~Rosanne

Rosanne

Thanks jmd for the link- I have read quite a bit from it(I felt right at home) and was surprised to see my circular life swimming pattern has lead me there. It seems right. I have ordered a book on Kwaw's suggestion, and will find some more to help as well.
I thought there was only one correct way to view the ToL and surprised at the freedom of choice you alluded to- not very Catholic at all, that attitude lol. ~Rosanne

Rosanne

I have several questions about ToL and Qabalah.
1. Does the diagram of the Tree I have attached have a name?
2. Are there some correspondences between the sephiroth and the digits on our hands? For instance does the left hand index finger get a sephiroth of its own?
3. Place your hands together as if in Prayer, keeping your fingertips together, push your hands apart. Look down on your splayed hands- It looks like the diagram of the scanned tree- the zodiac paths. Do you know if this is fantasy, or it is discussed anywhere?
Many thanks if you can assist. ~Rosanne

Attachments

• TreeZodiac.jpg
    TreeZodiac.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 177

Rosanne

My first question has been answered. It is a tree from the Sefer HaShmoth and the Sefer Yetzirah called Tree of Peace: Tree of Perfection. ~Rosanne

BrightEye

Rosanne said:
My first question has been answered. It is a tree from the Sefer HaShmoth and the Sefer Yetzirah called Tree of Peace: Tree of Perfection. ~Rosanne
Tell us more please!! I've heard of the Sefer Yetzirah before but not of the Sefer HaShmoth. And why is peace the same as perfection? (I hope nobody else reads my comments - I feel totally out of my depth!)

kwaw

Rosanne said:
2. Are there some correspondences between the sephiroth and the digits on our hands? For instance does the left hand index finger get a sephiroth of its own?
3. Place your hands together as if in Prayer, keeping your fingertips together, push your hands apart. Look down on your splayed hands- It looks like the diagram of the scanned tree- the zodiac paths. Do you know if this is fantasy, or it is discussed anywhere?
Many thanks if you can assist. ~Rosanne

Yes it is, can't remember all the attributions of the top of my head. The SY reference the sefirot with the fingers. I have some diagrams somewhere if I can hunt them out, briefly:

10 crowns = 10 sefiroth = 10 fingers

each digit is divided into 3 parts = 15 parts + palm x 2 hands = 32 paths

3 major lines [heart, head and life] = the 3 mothers

or something like that.

Kwaw