Deck of the Week Sign up Group - week 31 - March 3-10 2012

Penthasilia

Sounds fun! The more symbols and the more esoteric the better!!

LMAO- OK, fate stepped in (by way of the Alchemical thread) and so I will be working with the Alchemical tarot by Place :) Nice, symbol-laden, I just have to find my decoder ring. (I think the cats were using it as a toy....)

;)

AJ

well two weeks with the Minchiate has managed to push every one of my hot buttons but it's a lovely to work with deck, I like the subdued colors and the pretty art. Sort of a lenormand for grown ups :)

I've been indexing my blog and it tells me I haven't used any of my wonderful oracles often enough...so I'm oracleing next week.

Welcome to everyone new!

I don't think Nick said how long she was going to be out of town, I hope someone starts the new thread tomorrow, I love seeing what everyone is working with.

vee

I'll do the Book of Thoth Etteilla with you guys. I think I'll need some hand-holding :p

I *was* going to do the Ship of Fools next week but once again, I was sent the book only and not the set. I even emailed and asked. Ugh. I'm sure I'll get a refund but I'd rather just have the deck!

Not sure what I'll do. I've been using the Mary El on top of everything else already, so I'll probably just keep doing that. Oh, I just got Phantomwise, maybe I'll do that!

VGimlet

I liked the tarot of Fire, fire being my elemant and all. I might put this on the list for later, might not, I will have to think on it.

I will be interested to see if Lo Scarabeo brings out decks with the other elements. I don't think there are any plans for that at the moment though.

I've been using my Mary-el here and there too. Love that deck. Still do a tiny mental happy dance when I use them.

Nerys

Random numbers say Thoth for next week! Ooh. I look forward to barely scratching the surface. :D

But I still have a couple of days left with the Prairie Tarot which I'm still enjoying. The Jackalope came up in a reading the other day, have to do some investigating into what that card is all about.

jema

I got a few new decks recently and thought I would grab one of them, changed my mind and did the random number thing - and got one of the new decks :-D

So next week is the mysterious AUM tarot + Pages of Shustah. I really wanted to do only Shustah a week but instead I think I will use it as an oracle for a longer period, like a month together with the weekly tarot deck, like Bodhiseed!
(she is the reason I even bought them after all)

BodhiSeed

I got a few new decks recently and thought I would grab one of them, changed my mind and did the random number thing - and got one of the new decks :-D

So next week is the mysterious AUM tarot + Pages of Shustah. I really wanted to do only Shustah a week but instead I think I will use it as an oracle for a longer period, like a month together with the weekly tarot deck, like Bodhiseed!
(she is the reason I even bought them after all)

Between the blogs and the Deck of the Week group, there has been a lot of enabling going on, hasn't there? :p I've bought the Durer and Ship of Fools because of AJ, and the Transformational because of you!:D

I look forward to seeing the Aum as I've never heard of it (and since it is hard to find I won't have to worry about temptations:D). Do check out http://dailyshustah.blogspot.com/ - this guy's been using the cards for years.

PathWalker

Insetti Tarocchi

Well, I've struggled this week - not because I didn't like the deck, or even working intuitively with the illustrations, but just because it's a majors only deck, and I wouldn't use that kind of deck for daily draws, or for 'ordinary' readings really either.

You may ask "why have any then?" It's the artwork, I love the majors decks I have, but I'm going to need to find some other way of using them when they come up.

I'd welcome suggestions from anyone who's had this issue and what you did about it?

So next week I'm hoping for a 78 card deck...... :)

AJ

I have just one majors only, the special printing of tarot of the origins, it is so lovely.
I have managed to use it for a card of the week, but at a struggle :)

Wonder if there are any spreads where you use a combo of majors only deck and a regular deck. I'm picturing something like 3 majors across the top and 5 whatever comes up below...
of course I have now questions..;)

vee

I couldn't decide, so I did the random number generator and got the Rumi Tarot. I started doing this one for a week last year, but was too busy to give it proper attention, so I'm excited to revisit!