A Spread for Online Dating

Enlightenment23

Now, if you do use this spread, I recommend that you do not let this sway your decision too much. Still consider giving the person a chance, even if you don't like the cards -- you may have misinterpreted them =].

1. What will you think of this person when you meet him?
2. What will he think of you when he meets you?
3. How will you see him in terms of physical attractiveness?
4. How will he see you in terms of physical attractiveness?
5. What will your feelings be after the date?
6. What will his feelings be after the date?

****1**2*****
****3**4*****
****5**6*****

Sample Spread: I picked a random guy off a dating site; let's see what I come up with!

1. What will you think of this person when you meet him? 7 of Swords Reversed

I would see this person as someone who is up to no good. He will show up and do or say something questionable that will make me question whether he's an honest person. Maybe he will lie about his height? Who knows?

2. What will he think of you when he meets you? Justice Reversed

Well, well! It looks like whatever he's lying about, I probably won't sit there and keep my mouth shut. I will probably say something to him that will make him view me as an unfair, judgmental person falsely accusing him of something.

3. How will I see him in terms of physical attractiveness? 5 of Cups

This guy probably comes off very somber and crestfallen. He has that "woe is me" look. Emo I guess is the word. Some girls find that hot -- I am not one of them.

4. How will he see me in terms of physical attractiveness? 10 of Pentacles

Strange card for attraction, but when I think of 10 of Pentacles, I think of financial comfort. So maybe he will see me as someone who is "put together" financially and career-wise. Well...boy is he wrong! :laugh:

5. What will my feelings be after the date? Fool Reversed

The first thing that came to mind was, "How could I be so stupid as to f***ing go on a date with that idiot?"

6. His feelings after the date? Queen of Wands Reversed

Looks like he'll still be feeling the wrath of a very angry me. You should've never lied to me about your height. Hmph *crosses arms*

ellsie

I just started online dating for the first time, I like this, thanks!

Amanda

Hey Enlightenment23! Would you (or anyone?) be interested in creating a "How to Survive the Dating Apocalypse" Spread?

I just received this article in an email: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2...0&spJobID=740808588&spReportId=NzQwODA4NTg4S0

Thought it might be a good source of inspiration for an online dating spread. There are some females I know that could benefit from something like that (I'm just not the best spread-maker in the world).

Enlightenment23

Hey Enlightenment23! Would you (or anyone?) be interested in creating a "How to Survive the Dating Apocalypse" Spread?

I just received this article in an email: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2...0&spJobID=740808588&spReportId=NzQwODA4NTg4S0

Thought it might be a good source of inspiration for an online dating spread. There are some females I know that could benefit from something like that (I'm just not the best spread-maker in the world).

I read the article and I've pretty much checked out the Tinders and the OkCupids and I'll have to say VF hit the nail on the head with this "hook up culture" that is so prevalent today. You never really know who's sincere or who is just looking for a quick you-know-what. It's great if you just want to mess around for a bit, nnoooooot so great if you're more conservative and want to be courted.

I'll let it swish around in my head and see if I can come up with something.