15 Card Protection Spread

KMykal

This looks really interesting, I'll have to try it when I have time.

I'm not sure if I'm comfortable separating out the majors, it probably makes it easier to read but I always feel like I should let whatever card fall where it needs to.

I'll probably try it both ways and compare.

I get what you mean. My favourite way of reading is to not even use spreads, but to just lay them down in a line and change the shape of the layout depending on the context of the cards. Like if I think that a person will need help in a certain situation, I will put a card above the most relevant card. If I think that there's a problem, I place a card crossing or below the relevant card. It's a mess, but it's a mess that gives me the most accurate readings for the most part, especially when the client is just doing it for fun or feels like they need a reading, but not sure why.
However, there are a very select few spreads I made in which I feel it is so important that certain sections be majors or courts that I separate the deck. But Tarot isn't set in stone, so if you choose to ignore the separation process, I would be very happy to hear if it worked for you or not. The main difference is that instead of protecting against major events it would also deal with minor, so that's good if you want that.