Robin Wood Queen of Pentacles

Monica Whitman

I just threw the Wheel for myself a couple of nights ago, and The Queen of Pentacles Upright landed in my 12th house (Secrets and hidden enemies). Someone on this forum posted that it means pregnancy. That is too ironic, last night my Egypian fertility cartouche necklace flew off my neck and the chain broke. Could I possibly be pregnant? I always thought of the Queen of Pentacles as a lady with a gift in her lap for the quierent, but it could be a time bomb. That is what I was taught with the Rider-Waite deck. I have been wanting a child, but I never would have thought that the Queen would represent that. I always associatied the 3 Cups with pregnancy. Enlighten me Please.

annik

You know, you makes me think of my mom. When I read tarot for her, she takes what I said very litteraly. It's not a negative comment but sometimes, it's good to go a little further.

When I see this card, I think it's not just a physical birth. Maybe there is a projet that is going in the process to become more tangible.
Or, maybe there is something precious. It comes to my mind because the way the queen is holding her pentacle.
The card makes me also think of a period of fertility and abundance.

princessofpelaw

queen of penticles

this card is full of flowers which represent growth, every thing around her seems calm, she looks as if shes thinking, as she looks at the penticle, good head for business, trustworthy as the rabits sitting at her feet, also when i see trees, it makes me think of the tree of life, wisdom :)

osami2717

I could very well see this queen as representing pregnancy even more so than the Queen of Cups, who seems rather self-absorbed to be a good mother. More like one of those socialite mom's who shuffle their kids off to sitters/nannies while they're living the high life.

Queen of Wands strikes me as the on the go 'Soccer Mom' using all her considerable energy and will to guide her children as they grow...

Queen of Swords strikes me as a mother whose children have grown and left the nest. She no longer takes an active role in their life but is very proud of them.

Queen of Pentacles strikes me as the expecting mom or one who has given birth. She's nurturing, kind and gentle as shown by the abundance of fruits and the shy rabbits sitting near her. I've noticed lots of similarities between this Queen and the major arcana The Empress.

I don't look at this card for a clue about pregnancy but as the Desire to have children but if you ever get The Empress or 3 of Cups I'd be reaching for the pregnancy tests.

If you are pregnant I want to congratulate you and offer my blessings to the life of both you and the little one.

Kobarot

Pregnancy doesn't seem too far off as far as interpretation goes, especially since I always relate The Queen of Pentacles with The Empress, the pregnant fertility figure. If the Empress had showed up there, I would consider that an even clearer sign.

What showed up in the fifth house? The fourth? I would look to those houses as well to see if they support the Queen of Pentacles in some way.

Grizabella

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the rabbits being a symbol of fertility, which they certainly are. :) Your fertility symbol necklace falling off might mean there's not a need for it because you're pregnant? I'm not sure, but it could be. :)

Brigantia

I think the Quuen of Pentacles could totally be a pregnancy sign. I see Pentacles as being very fertile and earthy. If any of the Queens or the Empress come up in a reading with say the Ace of Cups, the Ace of Wands or the 6 of Cups, I would consider pregnancy as a potential reading.

The other day The Empress came up next to the Ace of Wands. Above the Ace of Wands was the Ace of Cups reversed. It made me giggle.

Piper

In your post, I noticed you said that you wanted to become pregnant. How badly do you want it? Could you be reading more into it because of your desires?
To give another possible reading, it could mean that your desire to become pregnant has become your enemy, your desire is so much that you're getting in your own way of becoming pregnant.

Since this reading was done over 4 weeks ago, I'd love to know the outcome of it.

vicky

Hello, have had a run in with the Queen of Penatacles just of late, I am a Mother of Three, I have of late been very busy keeping my lot together, The Queen of Pentacles I feel relates to the Mothering instinct, She is a sharp Women who has many Duties, She runs a Tight Ship and what others think is important to her so she works hard to maintain her Posture. The Difference between the Queen and the Empress is the Queen acts as Hunter as well as Gatherer. This lady is not usually my main card but of late I have had cause to assert these qualities, I am glad I took her advise as life with the Family is now very Balanced again.