21 Ways ... A SPECIAL EXERCISE for both Apprentice & Adept Level participants.

coyoteblack

Squekmo9 great reading you are " flowing" so much more now then you did in the beginning. I really like how you linked the cards together.

Dave I like the new twist I think I will use that for my personal reading and might use the initial method for my reading on my study buddy assuming she gets back on line soon.

Question though you used the center card with the pairs of cards to form a 3 card spread *3 in the first method but did not use it in the second . Is this the nature of how this works or just a choice by you for this reading? also the way the cards look you can do the energy flow method with 3&4 2&5 ans 1&2 have you ever done it this way?

This is going to be real fun.

dadsnook2000

Energy flow

The Fey Queen of Cups is somewhat turned to the left, but she is really looking down at the cup in her hands, watching something bubble-off into the water or air around her. She just didn't seem interested in participating in a flow of energy one way or the other.

I do normally use the center card in this manner, mentally placing it between each pair of cards to see how it affects them. I also split the pairs in some form of cause and effect to enrich the story. I hadn't initially done that as I had hoped that some tarot-readers from the Apprentice Level or those who seem to be following our threads would choose to join in this exercise. I didn't want to make this overly complex for them. I wasn't worried about our core group. Dave

coyoteblack

Thanks Dave for your feedback I have an idea how i will do my reading tonight.

i might do 2 readings to see how this works with a online partner.

coyoteblack

Tarot of Dreams

1: 4 of wands
As we stand in a forest, we see looming above the treetops a striking vision: four towering wands or columns reaching to the sky, and an enormous wooden door swinging slowly open, revealing a blinding light. Behind the columns and the door, a huge red moon hangs in the sky.

2: 3 of coins
A glassblower works at his furnace, creating beautiful ,refined forms from rough raw
materials.

3: 10 of cups
Ten cups line a path made of flagstones. They lead to a door which is swinging open. The image of a joyous family glows in the doorway, filling the card with
a warm light. A friendly dog greets us on the path
4: 3 of wands
A naked man sits on a rocky promontory, watching a fabulous sailing ship which
floats among the clouds, shining with an uncanny light.
5: 2 of swords
A woman stands blindfolded, grasping a sword in either hand. Behind her, the
sun beams out from behind the clouds that partially obscure it.
6: SUN
On the card we see a bright, powerful figure suggestive of
Apollo. He is in the center of the sun , He is juggling planets
7: 10 of coins
In a dark forest we see a stone archway covered with ivy, and an open gate, through which we can glimpse a scene filled with golden light. A stone path wanders through sunlit trees and ten coins float down from the sky. Two carved faces adorn the archway.

When I read I like to find what is common through out the reading so i have an idea where we are going.

There are 2 3's and 2 10's this tells me we are about creating 2 new beginnings there are also 3 doors in these cards doors to me are also about " opening new doors"

2 coins and 2 wands both tell me I am creating a new something in the material plane.

The only major arcana and the only sword are in my far future .this tells me I am going somewhere big and that I will have an important choice ahead .

The center card is a door with 2 carved faces to eaither side something about the picture and placement tells me this is central to my inner working now.

To add a little Golden Dawn tree of life to this . In this deck almost all the cards are in the spiritual or higher self part of the tree. the only ones below are the 2 10's which talk's a lot about completeness. and if we use the " as above so below" model it takes a deeper meaning.

I will do this in 3 posts the next one will be me breaking down each pair and the third will be me combining everything.

dadsnook2000

For coyoteblack

In cards 1, 3, 4, 5 and 7 you describe (among other things) bright shining light. Is this typical of this deck as a whole, or are these cards promising some sort of revelation for you? Dave

coyoteblack

Part 2

First a little background information
I am in the process of buying a house with my brother in New Brunswick NJ this is the same town I became homeless in for a time and where I hit my bottom in this same town. I am living at my aunts until my house is ready and is a cause of some frustrations as they keep delaying the closing as it is new construction.
I have always lived in apartments and have no experience buying a house we are the first 2 to own prosperity minus our parents who are about to foreclose on there house.

10 of coins is central to this reading in a multitude of ways.
Sensing the magic which resides in the ordinary. The beauty and potential hidden in the material things around us. The light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom of triangle: Present situation

4 of wands and 3 of coins

4 of wands is about being sturdy and about security. sometimes called the happy home card.
3 of coins is creation in material matter also mastering of a field taking some thing from rough materials and refines it.

There are 2 doors in this reading and 2 coins when we combine the 10 of coins . new doors are opening up for me , my house soon will be ready and even though I am raw ( 3 of coins) I have the energy and willpower from the 4 of wands to make the 10 of coins a reality.
Looking at the 10 of coins a little closer I think this house is more then thus a physical dwelling to me.

Right side of the card near future Choice

10 cups the family is happy
3 wands – waiting on a return after taking initial action

there are 2 doors and 2 10’s this tells me there is a end of one cycle and the beginning of another . The 2 doors are many possibilities. Another name for the 3 of wands is lord of dominion he can be arrogant and with his back towards the 10 if cups I think he can be only looking at the physical gifts of a new house. This is really telling me I need to pay attention to the emotional side of this. Especially with the 10 of coins here I think I will be “ missing the boat” of I only see the physical.

Left side of triangle – Far future

2 of swords weighting the thought we had in the ace and compare it . also over analyzing things .
Sun reason and a a deeper conscience through this understanding optimum and joy
the 2 of swords has a sun behind here in the card and a sun card next to her in a reading both cards deal with reason . although she is facing towards the door in the 10 of coins she is blind folded.
the only sword and the only major arcana is on this side this tells me a lot by it self and having the 2 of swords and sun tells me if i make the correct decision this can be really good for me .

For Dave nice catch on that as this is really not a overly sunny bright deck. there is a nice mixture. I will do my best to answer that in my next post. when i put everything together.

Sorry this is so long and drawn out but I did not think it would go that deep. plus I am at work so i had to do this in parts.

The last post will be me putting everything together and also comparing the 4&5 and 3&6 i know that as not part of the style but they are looking across the abyss at one another so what-the-heck

coyoteblack

Miscellaneous

Top of triangle
3 of wands and 2 of swords with the 10 of coins in the middle it looks like a central destination . I want to create and I am comparing thoughts as to what I want to create .

Base of triangle
10 of cups and the sun looks like the central teacher with the 10 of coins in the middle . this tells me the deeper meaning of the 10 of coins is the emotional and spiritual happiness we can have from physical things.

Putting this all together.

I think having this house Is going to be more then just a physical domicile for me. I had to be taking off the lease because my car was repossessed. I will also have to claim bankruptcy after I move in( living off credit cards while I come up with 5k in 2 months for closing). I was told it was no money down and the house would be ready 08/15 here we are in the end of October and it is still not ready.

So having this house is a lot of good things once I move in and only have to pay for my half the mortgage and no t rent + closing costs+ plus storage shed and other things.
That is all physical this reading tells me when I move in a entire new phase of my life will begin. there are many spiritual text I want o read and I plan on taking the Order of Bards ,Ovates and Druids home study course now that I have room to do it. Also I plan on using my love for Tarot into a partial money venture.

After living a good portion in the inner city and son of it in places like half way houses, homeless shelters, YMCA having a house is going to be emotionally and spirituality up lifting.

On the warning side I need to be careful of arrogance , resting on my laurels ( 3 and 4 of wands) and paralysis by analysis ( 2 of swords). I also must take action when it is time or those 3 doors can close with me on the out side.

squeakmo9

coyoteblack said:
Left side of triangle – Far future

2 of swords weighting the thought we had in the ace and compare it . also over analyzing things .
Sun reason and a a deeper conscience through this understanding optimum and joy
the 2 of swords has a sun behind here in the card and a sun card next to her in a reading both cards deal with reason . although she is facing towards the door in the 10 of coins she is blind folded.
the only sword and the only major arcana is on this side this tells me a lot by it self and having the 2 of swords and sun tells me if i make the correct decision this can be really good for me .

I find it interesting that your Sun card "juggles" all those planets, very creative indeed! I believe this is card 6 is right under that dark 2 of Swords. Maybe the Sun can warm her(2 of Swords) up a bit and take that blindfold off:D
It's no fun declaring bankruptcy, and when I did it (I was 27)I felt, at the time, I had no choice. I think it was a bad move, now. I hope you do not have to go through with it CoyoteBlack. I hope there is an alternative that you can take...it's just so rough, but, I do understand.

Jewel

Nice job Coyoteblack! I like the way you structured the reading in your posts, first describing the cards, then identifying patterns, then moving onto the reading itself, and finally summarizing it.

The two of swords is interesting, and could also deal with communication between you and your brother as roomates. Influenced by the Sun I would say it would have direct implications that you keep those lines of communication open, even in uncomfortable situations, to ensure a harmonious home life overall. This might deal with the issues of his girlfriend moving in (if she does), and the influence that might have. But overall the move is definetly positive for you and yes, a new beginning ... a bright one at that.

When I looked at the 10 with the dog in it, the dog looks so happy! The stray dog found his home per say. Having a house is one thing, having a home is something much more special. This is the emotional side you were referring to. From what I can see in your reading, you have found a home not a house :D

P.S. I am REALLY liking your ToD *LOL* ... and I think you have found another reading deck. Your readings with it are wonderful.

coyoteblack

For Jewel

I did a second reading for my good friend and studdy buddy Jewel. I will kind of stick to my former format and do this in 3 posts .

The only thing that changes is the center card fits more into this reading as " center to the issue" so this will be 3 seperate 2 card readings I think

1: Strength
The woman on the card is a person of great beauty, self possession, and strength of character. She is adorned with stars and bears on her face the elemental sign of Fire. The moon hanging from her ear suggests she controls the tiger from her intuitive center
The image of a tiger is in the center of her.

2: Temperance
Here the angel is almost nude, which, as we have seen, indicates a lack of human guile no hidden agenda . Instead of the two cups, the angel juggles the two hoops. And taking the place of the liquid is the rainbow, an artful blending of the fire and water energies

3: Judgment
An angel stares out at us expectantly, with infinite wisdom and patience. Beneath her, two golden men hold up a golden hoop, through which we see the progressive stages of
a woman’s ascension.

4: 2 of Cups
2 swans on body of water at night are below 2 cups there is a star between the 2 cups.

5: Knight of Wands
A fully armored knight rides a fire breathing dragon. he carries a black flag.

6: Star
A woman hovers over a boundless body of water, and rainbow streams emerge from
Her pitchers

7: Lovers
On the card, we see the Lovers in a scene of physical intimacy. They do not look at each other; both the woman’s and the man’s eyes are closed. Thus, even though they are pressed together, there is still a barrier between them.