Thoth 2005 by Urania Verlag

Dean

hI Marion forgot to say thanyou for your Link to the New Thoth, what i'am learning is the De' Luxe Thoth Deck could be a bigger version to the original large size 95 - 140 mm could this be possible.

TomTom

New digitized Thoth

Hi you all.
Just checked out amazon.co.uk and didn't find anything about the new deck.
Amazon.de advertises "Original Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot" Tarot cards - new digitized, no picture available, deck not available, order in advance, € 25.00.
Ha, ha, ha - LOL

Take care, Two Ravens

Emily

Emily said:
I've just found something on Amazon UK

This seems strange that Amazon UK have two of these decks used when they haven't been released yet!

Oooppps sorry - false alarm I just ran the ISBN and its the Thoth but in German. All I saw was Urania and the fact that it was a digitalized image. So not the new deck.

TomTom

Crowley's 2005 Thoth Decks

Good news from Urania!
Mr. Albrecht Karnbach from Urania's distribution & marketing department (albrecht.karnbach@agm.ch) told me the following:
He is sorry that nothing in regard to the Thoth has materialized as the company wished. Urania had great difficulties with O.T.O., NY, as they own the rights to Crowley's Thoth. Urania had to jump through hoops to satisfy them.
In three weeks time Urania & AGMueller staff meet in Switzerland to design the boxes for the decks. The cards will have a golden border.
Depending on circumstances, the decks might come out onto the market by late fall 2005 or early 2006 but most likely by Spring 2006, so he said.
Mr. Karnbach will keep me informed.
I hope this will make you all happy.

Cheers, Two Ravens

Scion

Excellent information. Thank you for following up in this, Two Ravens...

thinbuddha

crazy!

Thecrazy thing is if you want to pay $104 plus shipping for this deck.... though those extra "maps" (babelfish translation) sound like they may be the Magus cards I desire.......

NO!

Can't do it!

-tb

Jeannette

Scion said:
Call me crazy, but I think this listing on eBay Germany is for the new deck...:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Crowley-Thoth-Tarot-Deck_W0QQitemZ6985915220QQcategoryZ51352QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
If the description is correct and my understanding of it is right, it can't be the new "laser" Thoth, since it lists USG as the publisher and 1983 as the year. I'm guessing that the phrase "New edition based upon the original paintings" used in the auction listing is simply something being quoted from the outside of the box. If you bought the deck in 1983, that may well have been an accurate statement.

Unless there's something unusual about the deck not mentioned in the listing, it's not likely worth $100 by any collectors' yardstick.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Scion

Ahhh, the cinders of vain hope. :)

Jeannette, I believe you're right. The USGames/1983 gave me pause, but I was explaining it away as an overeager auctioneer who had acquired the new deck without doing any research as to its provenance.

Lillie

"New edition based upon the original paintings" is written on the front of every large white box thoth by USG from 78/83.

It often gets quoted in ebay auctions. :(